ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

main things to look out for on a 182

silver cup packed FF 182
maybe viewing a titanium silver 182 this week or next week on a 54plate with both cup packs with 3700 miles on and from a renault garage with 1 owner

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Not much really . One thing that seems to be common is the knocking on full right hand lock that can be sorted by Renault , mine has it but i can't be bothered to let the Renault monkeys hack away at my car .

Usual renault rattles , you just have to live with em , mines not as bad as my 172 was .

All in all the cars a good un ( touch wood ) bags of fun , good spec for not alot of money .

silver cup packed FF 182
my mates 172 has started this knocking on full right hand lock what is it? these are the little things that put me off buying the sports spending quite alot of money but then expect rattles etc just seems like as if it'll remind me driving my saxo vts in few years time lol

A clio
you cant let small things put you off a brillant fun car. Sure there annoying to begin with but after a while you dont even notice them

Mk1 1.2 RN
sounds like the cv joint? no personal experience but id guess thats what it would be or possibly wheel bearings but that shouldnt be so loud and more like a grinding noise.

black/gold 182
had my 182 for just over 12 months now and all iv had is fun fun fun :cool: got to admit its the best car iv owned by far ( hope im not tempting fate :S ) lol,,, give it a go fella you wont be dissapointed :D

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi all,

I have just bought a 182 with cup suspension. I am finding it really edgy at the back end. When going through a corner at speed it feels like the back end is going to let go and I am not feeling very confident at all.

I have previously owned a Lotus Elise and a Clio Williams so I am used to putting the hammer down a bit! But this feels different, not enjoying it very much.

Has anyone else felt this way about their car when they first bought it of have I bought a pile of rubbish with something major wrong at the back end?

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

tim182

106 GTi
Watch out for the dodgy coolant temp sensor causing the car to run as if it's cold all the time. The temp gauge will rise and fall.

Listen out for any exhaust noise as they can die at anytime!

Monaco Blue Mk2
shaun_cliosport said:
exhaust noise lol?

Anything unusual at all, any rattling either. To be honest though, it could look and sound fine but then has every chance of falling of the next day! lol ;)