ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maintaining shine?

Clio 1.5 dci
Ok so I detailed the car for the first time yesterday, really happy with the results, I used diamond white wax. The car is a bit dirty all ready as I did 50 or so miles today in the rain. When come to wash it next obviously I will want to get the same finish back so how would I do this? Had wash with shampoo dry then would I use a quick detailer? If so would red mist be a good choice?

I know a lot of people don't really rate red mist but for ease of use and decent gloss I'd just use it if you have it.

Get some Zaino Z6 will look great again when you apply it after a normal 2bm wash.

Or even as a wipe down.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get some Zaino Z6 will look great again when you apply it after a normal 2bm wash.

Or even as a wipe down.

This. Although don't apply it to a wet car.

Z6 is the king of Qd's.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Red mist is more fussy and it'll change the beading and sheeting of the Lsp.

Not a fan.

Clio 1.5 dci
One last question ... Next time I come to detail the car in three or four months time, can I just go though the same process I did this time or do I have to remove left over wax some how?

Clio 1.5 dci
Oh and say the wax I out on the other day only last two months as it was a single coat, can I just reaply after washing or is it best to strip it all off (post above asking how) give the car a polish or glaze then re aply? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I use to strip wax back to start a fresh with a quick enhancement/glaze. A high ratio APC like G101 through the snow foam lance worked well.

Just get a spray bottle available from any garden store, Tesco, B&Q, Polishedbliss, I4d etc etc

G101 diluted and spray away.