ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Make clio 1.2 8v faster!!!??

Clio Sport 1.2 8v
I want to make my standard 12 8v faster , just had new clutch and full service, just ordered a k&n filter for airbox and want to know what else will make a difference? Straight through pipe decat?

I know the benefits will be next to nothing but hey ho i want to try aha,
so Please don't comment if you are just going to say what is the point?, or save up for another car?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Without spending loads it would be easier to engine swap or buy a 1*2

That aside you wont get much power from exhaust and induction so may aswell get a decent suspension setup and strip the rear out

RB 182 cup
totally strip it out so there is just your drivers seat and the dash.
With such low power it makes a remarkable difference.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
totally strip it out so there is just your drivers seat and the dash.
With such low power it makes a remarkable difference.

This.. i stripped my 1.2 and it actually made a fair difference! I left the passenger seat in though.

But really, instead of spending money on power and gaining nothing you could buy some decent tyres and suspension and make it handle alot better. It will be quicker through the corners etc that way!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
If he contacts Renault I'm sure they do it as part of the recall, upgrades the 1.2 to 172 Power straight away iirc.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Like so?

maxresdefault.jpg

phase 1 flamer 172
Nothing cheap will make any difference, apart from that its just an engine and will respond to normal tuning techniques, and although you don't want to hear it a 172 would cost less.