ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

make it faster

allright people, i want a 6.5second 0-60 16v clio, how the hell is this achievable and where would do such modifying?

pete

You either need a lot of money for mods, I mean big engine mods!

Or you need a new lump - ie 172 dropped in.

Or you go for NOS and a few mods

cheap way is get nos.def the right result. nick r has it in his 16v and i think he timeda o to 60 in low 6 sec

more expensive way is the route im taking and ill prob still wont hit 60 in 6.5 but should def be very low 7.im doing head work and cam.should give about 160 to 170 bhp this is costing me 1600 but if you want more power than yes 2.0 willy conversion with head work your looking at about 3000 for this. 172 transplant has never been done yet but shouldd be possible. anything is possible if you have money

wongy

you wont get much more than what i quoted i guess about 160 to 170 for the work im doing and this is about max for the 1800 16v engine head work wise. if you go throttle bodies or even a turbo than your be looking at about 210 + bhp if all setup right.just no one has ever spent that much money on the 1800 and just upgrade to 20 instead.what you got in mind and how much you gotto spend

wongy

theres a place called top boss performance near where i live and they can supercharge a 16valver for about £3500!! This is steep but i have to say that it is a possibility for the future, also i was reading that dimma made a clio-cosworth......that would be sh*t hot. i just want a car that can thrash the pants of damn near anything, the added bonus is that with a 16 valver youve already got the looks.

pete

where the hell would a supercharger fit in a 16v clio? your lucky if u drop a screw and it comes out the bottom!!

mk2 172

i think that clio is in a recent max power or summat, plate is m14 cos, thought it was a pisstake. purple with big kit?

craggy

no mate no piss take
it was the 2nd of only two cossie powered clio dimmas ive still got the max power feature.what a car and performance.it also had the 4x4 runing gear too!!mental

wongy

A super charger is not impossible on a valver as i was close to getting Nick Hill to put one on mine, but we both decided that to do it properly would just cost too much, you see its not just the charger more the custom luminition engine managment system, strenghthened gear box and up-rated brakes (very important). All in all a cool £6000-£7000!!!! :0

Anyhow i have my own plan to not get hasseled by anything..... Im going to buy an Evo!!!
Just been out in my friends new evo IV RS and boy does it go, got back in my clio and it felt sooooooooooooooooo slow!!!

Nick looking at a V if possible as i just love those wide arches!
They are rare though even more so in RS form, should get a good un for around 15-16k.
Was going to get one this spring but i have just renewed my insurance with green light and they dont cover jap imports
So i have to wait until next feb now! Still gives me time to save up for a minter.
Btw remember i told you about my accident 18 months ago, well i got my first offer of compo today....£4500 told them to stick it as my solicitor says i should get another grand.
Sell my clio add it to that and i have a nice deposit on my jap bullet!

Jap 4wd turbo all the way mate, you know it makes sense.