ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold blowing. Help :D

Harrro,

Finally sorted the suspension mounts/ bearings. and ive replaced the downpipe gasket, so its stopped blowing from there....

But clios being clios, its still bloody blowing!!! i think its coming from behind the engine, im assuming this is where the manifold gasket is. Are they expensive for the part?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Nick :approve:

Charged Superleggera
manifold cat joint is where i think my one is leaking from. pissing me off big time so will need to get its sorted as well. also that joint in particular is a b**ch to get to seal properly so i think i will be falanging it and clamping it. also leakage from there could be due t worn engine mounts as you accelerate the manifold moves away from the catalyst so ive been told.

Dodgy one
Just did mine yesterday having had the same problem, I fitted a kit from ktec a few months back when i did my exhaust but it wouldnt seal properly no matter what, So i ended up at Renault £38 down from £59 ;) and it sealed first time :)

is this a 172/182 and are you referring the the manifold->head gasket?

i've not done one, but it looks a pain as there's not much room and you'd presumably end up having to remove the manifold to be able to clean everything anyway

are you 100% that it's not one of the cat/system joints? i can't get mine to seal properly for love nor money - given up on it