ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifolds

Titanium phase 1
Im planning on going down the rs2 route,just a case of waiting for it to be developed, I already have a stainless 182 manifold but I'm wondering if it's worth all the hassle to fit it for the advantages and disadvantages I'll get,I know that fitting it will give a bit more low end bhp/torque and loose a bit top end,which would be the best option? Bearing in mind I'll have decat and supersport stealth system? Correct me if I'm wrong but do the ph1 heads have larger exhaust ports? If so I'd surely be loosing out with the 182 manifold unless I got it matched to the ports? Advice/help welcome. Thanks guys

172/1.2/E30
172s on 182 manifolds will not lose top end power. That's a myth on here. Imo it's worth to change it and it makes swapping cats/decats much easier.
Nothing wrong with the bigger ports and the manifold as the manifold's bore is always bigger than the port bore.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
This is a graph of a 182 with a ph1 172 head, matched inlets and catcams 428s

petrol blue 182.jpg

the ph1 head works really well with the 182 manifold

Titanium phase 1
So with the rs2 instead of cams I could be looking at around the 190bhp mark but with smoother curves and torque across the range?

172/1.2/E30
Possible. If you go the cam-route and decide to get more power later, you could always add an ITB setup.

Titanium phase 1
I think I'll stick with the rs2,I would think someone will develop a set of cams that compliment the rs2 soon,I understand that it's designed and works best with standard cams but not sure which cams have been tested with it???

Titanium phase 1
I'm more interested in staying in the power for longer,as in... Cams tend to give greater power at higher revs (great in a race car) where as an rs2 comes in alot early and retains near peak power for a longer duration,I would deffinately think about fitting cams but with an rs2 and once more tests have been done to find the best combination

172 phII
I'm more interested in staying in the power for longer,as in... Cams tend to give greater power at higher revs (great in a race car) where as an rs2 comes in alot early and retains near peak power for a longer duration,I would deffinately think about fitting cams but with an rs2 and once more tests have been done to find the best combination

cam profile determines where your power will be and how much air you can get to the engine is the biggest factor on max power

Titanium phase 1
What I mean is that an rs2 is more usable through more of the rev range,the graphs show this,when an rs2 was fitted with cams there was a big drop in torque in the midrange,like I say hopefully there will be a good development where they work very well together.

Ph1
What I mean is that an rs2 is more usable through more of the rev range,the graphs show this,when an rs2 was fitted with cams there was a big drop in torque in the midrange,like I say hopefully there will be a good development where they work very well together.

Why was that? You'd think with cams the RS2 would have really responded..

Was it to do with runner length, harmonics, lack of time for development etc or just didn't and won't work end of ?

Titanium phase 1
Why was that? You'd think with cams the RS2 would have really responded..

Was it to do with runner length, harmonics, lack of time for development etc or just didn't and won't work end of ?
not too sure mate, something to do with the airflow of the rs2 because..and correct me if im wrong,the rs2 was designed to work with standard cams.

Titanium phase 1
Mine was RRd at 184 with only matched inlets, 182 manifold, ITG maxogen and a remap!
thats a brilliant result mate, im running matched inlets,k&n replacement filter and soon with a 182 maifold, decat and ktec stealth.just need a remap. id be happy with that result, where did you go for your map?

SQ5
Oh it has a decat too. It was a group N pops and bangs map from JMS and RRd at Surrey Rolling Road. It made 175 with a misfire at Frosts in Ipswich. Both are reliable RRs

From what I have seen rs2 is a great standalone unit but not good enough to be used as part of an engine package going beyond just an rs2 and basic breathing mods.

Do it right and get itbs with a decent air box.

SQ5
That engine is epic, True freak! We never expected that when it was on the rollers!

Whats wrong with it lately then danny?

Well the dipstick holder fell off, then the bottom of the rad basically fell off. Now it's got a shitty misfire which I cannot cure! Getting MOT today!

Did it have problems before?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Engine was ace the last time I was in it! I was going to buy the car off him but just wrong time for me :(

SQ5
It's still ace! Just gotta sort this misfire out, was epic until then! With the weight as well it's the quickest NA clio I've ever owned or driven!