ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manual Xenon Adjustment Q.

172, Tiguan
If I want to manually raise the xenon's up a bit, is it the white allen key adjustment at the back of the lights, or the real awkward one tucked up in the wing?

Also, to go up, clockwise or anti clockwise?

Thank you :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They both have access holes jon, can't remember which is which, just sit it tight against a wall for the light to beam on to and give it a little move on the allen key see which way it's moving, easy job.

172, Tiguan
I tried to give it a go last night, but the adjuster I suspect it is, is an arse to get to.

Big hands you see ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl, know what they say about a man with big hands!

I thought they both were easy to get to with the allen key. :S

172, Tiguan
You're going to love this:

guide.jpg

The arrows point to the 4 available adjusters. I'm assuming the up and down adjustment is the outer one?

Blocked by aircon pipes and fuse boxes!

I did it with em on by the way lol!
As for the picture.. I have no idea. Can't picture em. It was the whitish looking plastic bit. (Technical term of course)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have a funny feeling we'll be adjusting headlights.

Yay.

172, Tiguan
Probably. I wanted to do it tonight though, got to do the M1 tomorrow night with 10 feet of vision otherwise!

Bumder With A Buffer
Drivers one is directly under the aircon pipe

26b7b745.jpg

the outer one does full beam by the looks of it

Bumder With A Buffer
I did mine the other week as my auto adjuster just kept making a horrible noise..unplugged the buggers and set them up roughly from a distance on a wall at work! I cant remember which way to turn them though :(

Only thing il say is make sure your on flat and far enough away from a wall to notice it (im sure you know that but just saying! :) )

Clio 197
IIRC it should be the inner one... and should be easy enough (even if you have big hands, lol).

I remember watching clarkieV6 do it for me when I had a service...

172, Tiguan
Sorted! Thanks chaps, think they're now a bit high, but will judge on how many people flash me!!

Quality thing about retro fitting em is the headlight level adjuster control next to the dash light brightness adjuster still wold an now controls the Xenons. ;)

172 Ph2/Mgb GT/T4
a little late probably but hope it might help someone else on mine you can use a crosshead screw driver or allen key which would mean you could use a long screw driver rather than fiddling with the allen key very helpful for those with big hands :D;)