ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Many minor issues (hopefully minor)

BG 182 FF
Blow from the exhaust, sounds like from the manifold, not had chance to get it up on the ramp yet. how much is the gasket for manifold to Cat, is it worth getting a sports cat for back pressure reasons or a decat? Not fussed on noise more for gains and performance will be tracking soon so don't want to have to put baffles in to keep to levels - it already has a Scorpion Res Exhaust on.

Exhaust mounts, is it worth getting Poly exhaust mounts over Renault OEM too for the price difference?

ABS and TCT light have come one too recently intermittently, had my NSF driveshaft changed with ABS ring, could the ring just have come loose or out of place and need prying back into place or is it best to rather than guess get it on diagnostics.

Side Lights, is it a bumper off job or if I've got small and bendy enough hands can I nip the old bulbs out and pop some new ones in? (i've got a renault sport sunstrip so my main beams are always on and would rather just have sidelights on instead of wearing my xenons out) if its not the bulbs, where do I look for the fuse relays to replace?

Horn has also stopped working, whats the story of getting the airbag off the front of one of those? Potential fuse, loose earth, dead horn unit, loose connection in the wheel? Press the horn in and theres no click to sound as if a switch has been pressed. (I will be putting a boss and aftermarket wheel on in the next few weeks however car has its MOT this week so could do with it doing or some knowledge)
Steering Wheel Bosses, whats everyone using too? I've heard about collapsable bosses, non collapsable bosses and it confuses me no end, just a pointer to what you recommend and where from - boss, wheel (preferably dished) horn kit and airbag relay kit too that would be way more than appreciated.

and everyones favourite, airbag and service light, comes on and off, tried the plastic part between the wheel and dash the removed all connections and cleaned them all no change, where abouts is it I now look at under the front seats? so I've heard (brother has a 1.4 with the same issue so if I can fix it he's chucking me a tenner - MORE V POWER)

Apologies for the plethora of questions, I'm new to the French car scene having switched from German and owning an R32 golf for 4years and several MK4s for a few years prior and could tell you the ins and outs and how to rebuild a whole VR6 engine it will come in time. But as my wise great gran said, its better to ask questions and feel daft than not ask questions and f**k up.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
For your cat it's probably the fitting kit. Get a genuine one from renault, fairly expensive for what you get but worth it. You'll probably find the olive joint needs siliconing up too.
I'd get red rear polybush exhaust mounts and renault do a red uprated centre one for about £7 quid. Worthwhile if changing cat fitting kit.
Sidelight bulbs are possible without removing anything just have to be careful and you will hurt your hands a little.
Abs issues could be your brake light switch, loads of threads on this. Also check the rings are correct either side as the wrong rings on my clio caused abs problems.
For your service and airbag lights there's often play in the grey connector under the seats. You can cut and bypass this entirely if you make note of the wires however sometimes if can be another part of your airbag system. On my 1.2 I had to replace a side impact sensor as it had gotten wet. Get it on diagnostics but wiggle connectors first.
Is your car running front splash guards? Your horns could be fucked if not, as they get wet and cause problems.

BG 182 FF
For your cat it's probably the fitting kit. Get a genuine one from renault, fairly expensive for what you get but worth it. You'll probably find the olive joint needs siliconing up too.
I'd get red rear polybush exhaust mounts and renault do a red uprated centre one for about £7 quid. Worthwhile if changing cat fitting kit.
Sidelight bulbs are possible without removing anything just have to be careful and you will hurt your hands a little.
Abs issues could be your brake light switch, loads of threads on this. Also check the rings are correct either side as the wrong rings on my clio caused abs problems.
For your service and airbag lights there's often play in the grey connector under the seats. You can cut and bypass this entirely if you make note of the wires however sometimes if can be another part of your airbag system. On my 1.2 I had to replace a side impact sensor as it had gotten wet. Get it on diagnostics but wiggle connectors first.
Is your car running front splash guards? Your horns could be fucked if not, as they get wet and cause problems.
Car is running splash guards on the front. I'll get the mechanics at work to have a look at it and get it MOT ready.
I'll mention the Olive joint to the mechanic and a genuine renault cat gasket too to him and get it ordered.

I haven't got a sunroof or any water ingress anywhere so could just imagine it being one of the relays under the seat.

I do know the ABS rings are correct and the correct size as its the cup, and it came with a choice of non cup and cup ABS ring, the cup ABS ring was swiftly put on but ill put it on diagnostics anyway.

Have you any advice on sports cat or decat at all?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The standard renault cat was basically a sports cat. I'm running a decat now because I like the sound with my exhaust system as otherwise it's purely induction. You may struggle with db on track with a decat and scorpion catback although I'm not sure sorry.