ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maplin airbag resistor help please

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup, anything from 2-6 ohm will do. The light clears when the fault does, so no need to go to Reanult if it didnt work first time

They sit in the boss. The airbag wires are connected to the airbag ring. This spins with the boss, so nothing crosses over.

Like this

Image050.jpg

Resistors go in the x2 airbag connectors (ignore the fused resistor in hand lol)

Horn connector is pushed down into the boss there. I'd simply get some spade connectors, connect to your horn, then connect to the horn connector (cut off and keep in safe place if need be)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The one you link to is 3.3k ohm, thats 3300 ohms.

You want around 3.9 ohms. Just go to the geek counter at the back and ask for some 3.9 ohm resistors, get them to test them too to make sure they are the correct resistance because they always get them mixed up, they'll have a multimetre behind the counter anyway.

Here you go:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/1-ohm-to-8.2-ohmmetal-film-0.6w-resistors-341668

Select 3.9 ohm from the list, 24p each, bargain!

CLIO 172 CUP....
yeah 3.9omh in each air bag connecters and make sure you tape them up then job done...

did mine yesterday.....;)

Weo

Sorry to bring an old post up, but you guys seem to know what your on about.

Changing the seats in my 197 to recaros, and the resistor packs are £30 each side. Seems a bit steep for something that is usually so cheap, was wondering if anyone's knows what resistors and how many I would need for the removal of my 2 front seats. To replace with not airbag recaro seats. Thanks.

Will

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As per this post, the 3.9 ohm ones from maplins work, you'll need 4 to do a pair of seats.

There are a couple of guides in the guides section, I used the one by The Boosh!

The one you link to is 3.3k ohm, thats 3300 ohms.

You want around 3.9 ohms. Just go to the geek counter at the back and ask for some 3.9 ohm resistors, get them to test them too to make sure they are the correct resistance because they always get them mixed up, they'll have a multimetre behind the counter anyway.

Here you go:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/1-ohm-to-8.2-ohmmetal-film-0.6w-resistors-341668

Select 3.9 ohm from the list, 24p each, bargain!

Weo

Thank you, do I need to solder this in or is it crimped? Or just tape in? Sorry for 101 questions

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I just doubled over the legs so they push in tight then taped them over. You could cut and solder for a better connection but I never had a problem.

The wheel ones are a bit more fiddly

Ph2 Clio 172
So do you need 3.3kohm or 3.3ohm?

I've got two 3.3kohm ones from a mate and they don't seem to have worked. It's a bit of a pain getting them to sit properly so they make contact, but I've been trying for a while and got nowhere.

Clio 172
Done steering wheel this morning and uses 3.3ohm resistors. Airbag light has gone off but still got SERV, traction control and ABS lights on. Any ideas?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Definitely properly? Could it be that whoever fitted it did it wrong or put a ring on there with incorrect number of teeth?

Clio 2 phase 2
You guys seem to on top of the subject here.
I studied the electrical diagram and got a pinout of the ecu.

On the airbag ECU the following pins can be found:

- 2x twin airbags front
- 2x belt tensioner front
- 2x lateral airbags
- 2x switch/sensor for lateral airbags
- 1x driversseatposition switch
- 1x switch for inhibit airbag passenger
- 2x belt tensioner rear (so far as I now never equipped on Clio's)

- CAN H
- CAN L
- Mass
- K2000 contact

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Going to fit ky wheel soon. Once I remove old one and airbag etc will I get a serv light or airbag light?
I will be fitting the resistors as above but will it need the code clearing before the light goes out?
Just getting ahead as I will need to borrow my mates reader if so.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Hi Lee,

As long as you fit the resistors into the airbag orange and green airbag plugs all your lights will stay off.

Be careful with the steering wheel angle sensor - makes sure it's all lines up and the bubble indicator remains yellow. Otherwise this will illuminate the traction and service lights.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Oh and for safety - disconnect the car battery for 15 minutes prior to messing with the airbag ;)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes mate 2 resistors about 15p each from Maplins.

And good news about the deflectors :)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a guide on here for fitting aftermarket wheels with pictures? Will be able to do it myself if I can see before hand what needs to be done. Search bar doesn't work on my smashed phone screen unfortunately lol..