ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You want pictures...?

It's going to be interesting to see if this recall is for every single car?! If it is that, to me, suggests it was a Ford thing and not a flaky supply chain at fault. Ouch.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't expecting this...my dealer says it's likely to be due to my engine change not yet being registered. I've told him I do not want my engine dismantled!

FSA1.jpg

Fords recalls atm are massive. recalls on airbags, extended warrenty on 1.0 due to them leaking coolant all the time. recall on 1.6 ecoboost engine too. one way to think about it ,always keep me in a job "D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL now that everyone has got the recall to fix the HG problem that they've been moaning about for months on end, there's many saying they're not going to have it done as they can't trust the dealers to do the work!

I predict there'll be a good few failures once cars are out of warranty and this time limited Field Service Action has ended...some will innocently slip through the net, some will just not get done because the owners know better!!!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Some people be daft. A definite problem vs an unknown chance that the dealer might make an error when taking the head off, I know which one I'd go for.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
People that don't get it done are just stupid.
Ford should put at the bottom a disclaimer that this is your only chance to have the work done. If it fails after this its on you.
Regards
Ford...

Evo 5 RS
Man, people are dense. Seriously, seriously dense. This is warranty work and there's a high chance if they don't get this done, their engine will fail. Why would you take that risk unless you were completely and utterly retarded? Unconditionally-dumb.

I can relate to not trusting dealers, we all know why people think that way. I've got a passenger airbag recall on my Evo 8. Same as a lot of cars did from that time - absolutely dreading it. I mean, maybe I won't get it done. They're not all bad, it's just knowing which to trust.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
TBF, who here would take their clio to a Renault dealer for a cambelt change?
But a cambelt change is likely to be when the car is 5 years old and outside of the manufacturer warranty, the oldest RS is not even 2 years old and well within warranty. Why risk it?

All the bloody hype as well with the MK3 RS, I bet Honda are laughing there t*ts off! Will be interesting to see the price of them once out of warranty! I'm betting they don't take the nose dive people are expecting.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
There's some now saying they'll leave it as they have until 2023 to get it done...not going by what I've seen so far. Playing that game could well turn out to be a a very expensive choice!

Thank to @Dan for my shameless whoring of his most excellent pictures :up::up::up:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Why are a lot of ford owners so gay (not you mark, you’re just slightly strange).

I just read this out to my wife, genuine LOLs from us both!

Some of them see the RS badge almost as sacred as the Holy Grail. Seriously, it's on a pedestal so high...they genuinely worship them.

I just think, meh, it's a pokey lairy Focus that's very loose at the back and great fun to fling about. Some of them daren't even drive them let alone give them a proper bootful or try and get them moving!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed the message had disappeared on mine the other day.
I also get the hill start message regular normally when the car is on the drive facing downhill stays on for a few seconds.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Regardless of what Ford are doing, I think you’ve reaaaaaaaally stretched out the content covering this issue. Do we need a video every time a Ford service advisor takes a sh*t. I appreciate your channel is your platform and if I don’t like it then I shouldn’t watch, which is fair enough. But from a sustainability point of view surely your channel would benefit from you widening your content now? I’d rather see you do cool stuff in a cool car, rather than driving it around talking about something that shouldn’t really affect you anymore since you’ve had a new engine.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Regardless of what Ford are doing, I think you’ve reaaaaaaaally stretched out the content covering this issue. Do we need a video every time a Ford service advisor takes a sh*t. I appreciate your channel is your platform and if I don’t like it then I shouldn’t watch, which is fair enough. But from a sustainability point of view surely your channel would benefit from you widening your content now? I’d rather see you do cool stuff in a cool car, rather than driving it around talking about something that shouldn’t really affect you anymore since you’ve had a new engine.

Point taken, 100%, but I get a lot of messages from RS owners globally urging me to keep them 'informed' on what's happening as, due to the forums I frequent getting hold of a lot of the information as and when it becomes available.

I have a long list of car geekery type topics to get through but they've been put on hold while, on the recall topic, Ford just keep on giving.

I've a couple of 'group reviews' to get through, your post has kind of made me want to get the ball rolling on those now :up:

Evo 5 RS
Bottom line as far as I can tell; It's a s**t show which should never have happened - but it will get sorted. It's the nature of enthusiasts and RS owners alike to want to get this done as quickly as possible, so you'll find that there are a lot of owners calling the dealers before they've even been sent any correspondence.

Although, it's pretty much by the by as the cars future reputation is definitely tarnished. Especially for buyers on the secondhand market. For me put that in tow with 1) the fact it's based on an engine Mazda have used in their MPS models without issue, but far less strung out 2) Aesthetically this car holds no candles to its predecessors - I don't aspire to ever own one.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
All the bloody hype as well with the MK3 RS, I bet Honda are laughing there t*ts off! Will be interesting to see the price of them once out of warranty! I'm betting they don't take the nose dive people are expecting.

Never mind out of warranty, my mate when he received his letter for the recall spoke to the dealer and was offered £22.5k for his and that is with low miles and not even 2 years old.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with the comment above. I come in here now to see how Ford are doing with the recalls as I get top drawer knowledge from Mr warranty haha. We want more back end out action.

RB Clio 182
Point taken, 100%, but I get a lot of messages from RS owners globally urging me to keep them 'informed' on what's happening as, due to the forums I frequent getting hold of a lot of the information as and when it becomes available.

I have a long list of car geekery type topics to get through but they've been put on hold while, on the recall topic, Ford just keep on giving.

I've a couple of 'group reviews' to get through, your post has kind of made me want to get the ball rolling on those now :up:
Keep your vids coming mate, they are really informative to any car enthusiast, and especially to future rs potential owners, youre doing nothing wrong mate, only informative and really good information to help others.

I for one really appreciate the time and effort that you put into your videos, i think they are great, helpful and full of great information, and not just thrashing it about acting like a c**t.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For real?

Does look nice. Ugh, just seen the shmuck150 logo in the corner. Get yours in before that t**t does, will you?

Sorry Shmee, they're all gone. You'll have to go and spend your money on s**t jumpers instead.

It does seem to be. Andy Barrat (Ford UK CEO or something) has been teasing for a few months with posts on FB/Twitter which are then immediately deleted to get the community hype going, so up until now everyone's written what's been seen off as fake news.

It's highly unlikely I'd be in with a shout of getting one seeing as there's only 50, then there's the likely trade-in value of mine (which should be about as good as they get seeing as the engine is a good one from the factory and despite the 10k miles on the car it's only done 2k since fitting), and finally convincing the wife it's a sensible move.

I can justify it all day long...get one, run it up to 50k or so then retire it and watch it hold and eventually gain value...

The only downsides I can see are the awful wide shell seats it will no doubt come with and the front diff which, by all accounts, ruins/neutralises the playful rear end.

Hmmmmmmm.