ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio's come a long way... My Clio E-Tech review

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I've been driving the hybrid Renault Clio E-Tech for a new review, and I must say, it doesn't half go alright. Nippy, great riding and decent to look at, it feels like a proper city baguette that can easily handle life on the motorway. Would I take it over a Fiesta mHEV? Probably not, but only because the Ford's more fun-focused. For the average Jo(anne), I'd say the Clio makes more sense. If they can live with that tiny boot...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still not convinced on the whole hybrid thing over a diesel, my Mrs has a DCi one in the same spec and colour as that car, she ordered it as soon as we found out the DCi version was being discontinued 3yrs ago. Me and my mate done a 500 miles road trip to pickup a car a few months back in it, and cruise control set at 80 on the motorway it averaged 83mpg over the full journey, just immense on fuel!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still not convinced on the whole hybrid thing over a diesel, my Mrs has a DCi one in the same spec and colour as that car, she ordered it as soon as we found out the DCi version was being discontinued 3yrs ago. Me and my mate done a 500 miles road trip to pickup a car a few months back in it, and cruise control set at 80 on the motorway it averaged 83mpg over the full journey, just immense on fuel!
This is the thing. Modern diesels are just so efficient on a run - that it begs the question of adding weight with motors, batteries and all auxiliary kit that goes along with it. More so with the amount of available space within a smallish car.

Cash in hand and if a decision had to be made today - I'd pick a new diesel over a hybrid. The sole exception perhaps being if I did very few, short journeys.