ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mass Effect 3

Mito Sportiva 135
Agh this spoiler has ruined my week. Managed avoided reading about it sine the conception of ME3...had no idea what might happen. Tried not to think about it. Thanks for ruining the surprise I have been waiting for, for about 5 years!!!!!!!

Evo 5 RS
FLOL. Total plank!

Thankfully I'd already completed it.
Theres a theory going about which I think is sound - that the entire ending past where Shepard passes out is the Reapers trying to indoctrinate him. In the ending where you destroy the Reapers, if you have more than 5000+ assets Shepard will survive and is still under the rubble in London. I think they're planning on releasing DLC on top which is a bit cuntish tbh

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok one question about armour...are "gauntlets" what you wear on your arm, or what? Only I have picked up some gauntlets but no separate section for them in armour, just helmet, chest, arms, legs...?

Got to the bit where you rescue the students with Jack...can you not get her as a playable character? Can't see her on the Normandy and I do enjoy a psycho! :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, surprised this game isn't being discussed more TBH..so I will continue to talk with myself if necessary!

Anyway, just united the Turians and Krogans...quite a good story line here. Also got Ashley back in my team, although she doesn't seem to want to know me as I didn't visit her in hospital before the Priority mission there, where Cerberus make an attack. Hope I haven't blown my chances with her!

Quite annoying though, didn't do some side missions on the Citadel before it put me into the priority mission, and now they are no longer available. Unhappy!

Evo 5 RS
It's because most of the members on here are homophobic lol

Yes when you progress through the main story some of the 'side missions' are no longer available which is irritating. I don't think I would of got the best ending (5000+ points) without playing the MP mode.

To be fair there isn't that much to do besides the main story like there was in the first two games. It's all very rush towards the end, and all the trivial stuff seems like you're waisting time. Also exploration has been massively crippled because of it...it's definitely not the best out of the 3 IMO

Mito Sportiva 135
I think the main story is the best so far...really interesting, and some of the cameos are nice too, like the guy on the Citadel who has been stalking Shephard, then actually gives him some slightly useful information. Also like the increased customisation of weapons and stuff, felt too stripped down in ME2. Would have still liked ammo types to be fixed to weapons rather than characters but there we go.

Also Bioware has said they will be doing extra ending / background stuff as DLC (on top of the already promised extra levels etc) so some good news...won't leave such as cliffhanger ending.

Goliath I
Amazon were giving full refunds to people who were unhappy with the ending.

f**k, how bad was this ending, I need to get this game,.. Assrgh

Mito Sportiva 135
I haven't got there yet, but heard that it's not like a bad ending, just not very conclusive.

Does anyone know what the level cap is too? I am 43 so far with quite a bit left to do. Started getting some decent weapons in, maxed out Valkyrie is really cool, other weapons ok but not going to waste more money on them and save it for later on.

Also as far as romancing goes, Ashley just sits in her room on the Normandy not saying anything since arriving...is this just because I need to wait a bit or is she suddenly a character devoid of all personality? Now she is a Spectre agent you would have thought she would be happy but no, she just sits in her room looking at photos. And to think I turned down Liara to get with her....probably more likely to get with Cortez at this rate! :(

I completed this last night. The ending isn't THAT bad - I think it is just people jumping on the bandwagon. However I am a bit gutted that the choices I made don't effect the ending too much. I would have loved to have seen extra clips of the optional races I got on my side.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes I get the impression fans want 2 things:

1. An ending reflecting more what they have or haven't done over the 3 games
2. More conclusions about the whole story (could be generic and not really about just your work)...for example who the Reapers are and their motivations, what happens after the war and legacy of Shephard, more visual scenes of your allies you have recruited fighting against the Reapers etc...

Max level is 60.
And I'm totally with the Reaper theory at the end.

Although like said, would of liked some more closure after playing god knows how many hours over the 3 games.

Evo 5 RS
You might get it, but you might also have to pay for it. They're releasing DLC which will apparently carry on from the end of the game.

Mito Sportiva 135
Well if I do have to pay, so be it. Would be nice to see some decent Mass Effect DLC for a change, only tried a couple and were awful, added nothing to the game. Even a short CGI film or something would be good, or interactive film like the PS3 ME1 pro-logue included in ME2.

Mito Sportiva 135
Anyone playing the MP on this game? Actually pretty good. Very repetitive but quite addictive, and lots of variations due to all the different class combinations. So far though finding the soldier with Assault Rifle most effective. Engineer's drone is disappointing, causes lots of damage but rarely a kill as someone steals it after you've worn it down. Gets quite easy once you get past about level 15, but then you can just switch to a different character class. Need a few more levels as DLC...as opposed to some new costumes or something like that (although think I did buy a costume pack in ME1, much to my shame!)

Evo 5 RS
I did for awhile, yes it's addictive! Especially when you think about it, as it's just a crude hord mode really! Gold mode is farking impossible :)

Anyone playing the MP on this game? Actually pretty good. Very repetitive but quite addictive, and lots of variations due to all the different class combinations. So far though finding the soldier with Assault Rifle most effective. Engineer's drone is disappointing, causes lots of damage but rarely a kill as someone steals it after you've worn it down. Gets quite easy once you get past about level 15, but then you can just switch to a different character class. Need a few more levels as DLC...as opposed to some new costumes or something like that (although think I did buy a costume pack in ME1, much to my shame!)

You find gold easy?

Mito Sportiva 135
No, gold is insane! I didn't realise at first there was even a difficulty setting and was wondering why sometimes it seemed a lot harder than others. Think gold is doable if you are all like level 15-20 and stick together, stocked up on rockets etc, and on the right level (as some seem a lot harder than others). Up for trying with you guys one night if you want?

Also, finished the single player on Sunday night. I actually found the ending thought provoking and compelling. I got the "green" ending (hopefully that makes sense to anyone else who has finished it) which I think is the best one. At the end, Joker and EDI are on the planet...and seemed a relatively satisfying ending. Also after the credits, when the man talks to the boy, he implies that that wasn't quite the end anyway (even before the announcement of "extra" ending). Think the 100% galactic readiness from multiplayer played a big part, even without Salarian support (as I didn't want to cure the genophage).

It was certainly no worse than lots of other game or film endings, and left me thinking "this game is amazing". Sad to have finished it though now mind.

Mito Sportiva 135
That's not an ending!!! And you don't even pick an ending (as far as I know) you just get to the energy tunnel thing, jump in and see what happens!

Thought it was all quite well done though, post-failed assault (hopefully that's vague enough not to be a spoiler but you know what I am talking about!?)

Also Plummer, in the ME3 MP, how do you improve your rankings? Your the only person on my friends list who has played it, and you're above me! (don't just say by being good lol!)

Last edited:
If you pick the red ending, what I say is true.
The other endings he doesn't.

I liked the ending alright! Just think it needs extended a bit.

I think it's to do with promoting characters to the SP, like 40 points a turn or something, I've done it 3 times.

Mito Sportiva 135
You mean you've completed it 3 times?

Ah the red ending is a bit sinister though isn't it? In the green ending it all seems quite a jolly ending, and Shephard doesn't definitely die (although throwing himself into an energy beam which then explodes probably isn't great...

The bit before where you learn he might be a VI after dying is quite interesting though, and all the people complaining about not explaining everything...that was why it was quite a good ending I thought, as most medias leave some stuff open to interpretation, I would just liked to have known more about the origins of the Reapers, and if they are just in the Milky Way or all galaxies.

I suppose a short epilogue for each major character would be good though, e.g. Garrus becomes noble Turrian leader, Jack becomes a biotic master etc etc...

Right I have to indulge spoiler info to explain..

The concept of the ending is that Shepard after being hit with the beam when assaulting is knocked unconscious is that the rest is in his head..
(I can't recall if you believed that or not).

But basically, it's a Reaper introcdonation in his head, the blue (good) view, is the reaper telling Shepard it's the good view, not that it actually is.
If you recall Anderson AND the Illusive man said the Reapers cannot be controlled, therefore the blue ending is a lie, Shepard dies.
(Notice in the preview the Illusive man being absorbed)

Green ending is kind of a mix, but again Shepard dies. Can't remember much of it.

Red ending is the good ending, but like said, the Reaper is trying to tell you it's the wrong decision, notice he says 'remember you are part synthetic', but doesn't actually say you will die. You've been fighting all this time to kill them, and most people don't pick this ending, because they're being told by a Reaper it's the bad ending.
(Notice Anderson destroying them).
After cutscenes, Shepard is seen in the rubble back on earth, taking a sharp breath from unconsciousses, which also supports it's in his head.

Proofs of this theory here, lots to make you think about it: http://drsteinman.hubpages.com/hub/Perfect-Logical-Explanation-of-Mass-Effect-3s-Ending
Which I fully believe..

And I agree it should have more closure than it did.

Mito Sportiva 135
Interesting. Hadn't thought it as deeply as that (games rarely require you to ever engage the old grey matter)...will read that link later.

But how do they know the reapers can't be controlled, Anderson presumably has no more knowledge than Shephard and the Illusive Man was actively trying to control the reapers, Shephard was just talking with them (or their superiors, depending on what significance you give to the "boy")

Interesting. Hadn't thought it as deeply as that (games rarely require you to ever engage the old grey matter)...will read that link later.

But how do they know the reapers can't be controlled, Anderson presumably has no more knowledge than Shephard and the Illusive Man was actively trying to control the reapers, Shephard was just talking with them (or their superiors, depending on what significance you give to the "boy")

I can't recall which point, but there is a point, where after the Illusive man has been trying to control them, he says it's just not possible.
I don't know why I threw Anderson in there, probs mixing it up with him destroying them! :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh IM sort of flips out under pressure and says he isn't in charge any more and is basically under their control...Shephard tries to get him to do the right thing but he can't. The you get a renegade trigger and shoot him as Anderson also gets shot. But then the boy Shephard speaks to says that IM couldn't do it, and the Reapers were no longer the solution to the problem. I kind of took his word at face value...that it was time for something new.

Mito Sportiva 135
But how do you know he is a Reaper, except for internet rumours? He says the Reapers were created (they are synthetic so must be) so someone must have created them, and for a reason.

Also, the end bit (with the 3 possible endings) - I didn't have a choice IIRC, just ran up to the beam and it went into auto-pilot for the ending?

Mito Sportiva 135
He refers to them as 'we' much like the geth do.

You do have a choice, you either go left for blue, or right for red. Green is straight on.

Ah I see...didn't realise that I just went straight on! lol

The "boy" said he (or they) created the Reapers as part of the solution, so the Reapers and their creators are "we" as a collective, rather than in the Geth sense...at least how I perceived the meaning anyway?

From what I read,
To get Shepard to live you Need 5000 Effective Military Strength
and choose to destroy the reapers.

Had to rewatch it, yeah, he's created them. So in my eyes, he doesn't want the Reapers destroyed, as the solution cannot continue.

Mito Sportiva 135
I think though that the Reapers were created to stop other advanced intelligent life either wiping out all life, or perhaps discovering some darker secret of the universe...therefore the Reapers come and destroy all advanced life, but not all life...if they wanted to kill everything presumably they could, so their must be some logic to their plan, and the boy even admits that with the revelations of ME3 that plan "solution" no longer works. They are the tools to do a job and presumably under command, so if the boy / spirit / thing wants them to stop, they will. The Reapers aren't evil just following their rules...that is why I think there is so much debate in ME3 whether synthetic life has free will like organic life (if you think organic life does have free will) or not...

Mk2 Golf GTI
Just finished this. I LOVED it! For me it's on a par with final fantasy 7 for my favourite game/series ever. The character interaction is immense, never has a game made me think so hard about which dialogue choices to take!

Tempted to go through the whole series again.

Played the first two on 360 but stupidly rented the last on ps3 so none of my characters/relations carried over. I didn't even meet jack :(

Epic

Mito Sportiva 135
Spirez - why on Earth did you do that?!

I need to go through and do the ending again now the extra bits have been created. Either that or just watch them on Youtube. For some reaon even though this is probably my favourite game ever, once I complete each one I never touch them again.

1eight2
I bought ME1 when it first came out and played it for about 20 minutes and ended up selling. Purchased again a few months later and spent about 50 hours on it. Purchased ME2 after completing it and spent about 20 minutes on it again and yet to play it. I'll eventually get round to buying ME3 and spending a few days of my life on it but I need a good few solid hours gameplay on it first!

Mito Sportiva 135
You will also need to spend a good 15 hours or so on the MP to get to the 100% galactic readiness too!

Mito Sportiva 135
I was doing it with a few different characters and might have been shorter, but seeing how you're usually top of all the leader boards on my friends list I am willing to accept you're probably just better than I am!