ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Massive amounts of vibration/rattling at really low revs???

My car is lowered on Eibach pro springs and has a magnex exhaust and im sure this it not the cause as Renault has stated!..

When I pull away or as I approach a junction/ roundabout etc to the point where the car slows right down, say in 2nd gear and there is nothing coming at the roundabout so you pull away, at that point where the revs are really low I get this obscene amount of rattling/ vibration noise.

To me it sounds thin like it would be the heatshields but ive checked these and so has bbpt. It sounds like its at the front end of the car but underneath I cant pin point exactly where coz its so loud and dissapears as the revs pick up..

I can recreate this excessive vibration noise at anytime by slowing right down in 3rd or 4th gear then picking the revs back up again.

Renault tech came out with me and instantly dissmissed it as modified parts and the use of cable ties round the rear mounts load of bullshit really!!

Bbpt was checking my exhaust for other reasons had a quick listen and said its not the exhaust which to me sounds right....

Any other experiences like this help me doing my nut in.
Cheers
Rob.

Burgandy 174 sport t
I have this too have a look where ur cat/mani comes accross the subframe and u will see where it hits

Is this a sign that the engine mounts have moved?
When I first got the car nearly 3 years ago now I had the engine mounts re positioned as I had some knocking a slow speeds... I know that what renault have said is rubbish coz ive had the springs and zorst on for ages and it never did it before!

Will there be any visible signs on the engine mounts that I should be looking for?

If its the dog bone mount how will I know if its that if all look ok, can you just simply reposition that one??
I dont have any sort of knocking like I used to so cant pin point it to my previous mount problems... Another part of me thought it might be the bumper or the front grill coz if you hit it slightly it almost does the same noise. The actual noise is loud enough to turn heads which is embarrasing.
Cheers again
Rob.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I have just replaced my mounts on the dogbone mount to powerflex jobies, the smaller of the two bushes on the mount was ripped to shreds!