ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched Inlets

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Alright guys,

A freind of mine is offering to do matched inlets for anyone with an RS Clio (172/182/197/200).

He did mine a bit back and he made a very good job, Mick from Diamond commented on them when he did the belts last year.

He is charging £100 including delivery back to you, thats if you supply your own inlets.

If you want him to supply inlets he charges £175 but will give you £75 back when he receives yours in return.

I've been told it will take him 5 working days from receiving yours to you getting them back.

PM me if interested, thanks.

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Are these ported too or just matched? Cos from that price they sound like there just matched!

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
For upper to lower manifold, he uses a Renault gasket to open them up to their max then polishes them up as far down as possible to smooth them out.

From lower to head, he uses the gasket but doesn't match it to the gasket, just uses it as a reference to smooth the flow into the head. You cannot match the lower inlet to the gasket or you risk making it bigger than the inlets on the head, in turn creating a resistance to air entering.

He does it all by hand as all inlets are cast so are usually never the same, he uses something a bit bigger than a dremel but does use a dremel to reach further down into the manifolds.

He can offer a fitting service too. £160 for a inlet manifold matched and fitted.

Thanks.