ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matching Inlets

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Hi,

I have been looking at the claimed increases in bhp from “ matching inlets” on a Clio Cup 172 of some 10bhp.

Looking at the “minor” mismatch between gasket and inlet manifold this seems a large increase in power for such a small port blending exercise.

Is this 10bhp increase just anecdotal, ie has anyone had there own car dyno’d to benchmark and then matched the inlets and had it re-dyno’d (on the same rolling road) with a resultant increase of 10bhp, or is it really an urban myth.

Colin

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't think 10BHP is realistic to be honest. I'd imagine the car would be nicer to drive etc & maybe give a few ponys but not 10.

Maybe 3 or so.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Makes the most difference on a ph1 which has dreadful quality castings. maybe 5-6bhp. The rest of the time, you're really trying to improve the midrange

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Thanks for the quick responses, in line with my thoughts on the matter.

Colin