ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mates MR2 video from Jap Finale (1/4 mile runs)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Mates Mr2 from Jap club im in.

Motor addicts asked to have one of their cameras in his car for his runs on sunday.

His previous best is 10.4 secs which he did at ten of the best and took the RWD ten of the best title.

His MR2 is officially the fastest in Europe now :)

http://www.motoraddicts.com/videos/62340

Look out for him in racing next year too hes a big up and coming prospect ;)

Nathan Freke

Evo 8 Jap Crap
What ya mean mate

If you mean shifting without lifting throttle then that would be a bad idea it would kill the gearbox amongst other things.

Hes running over 500WHP

Last edited:
  Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Good to see all the massive MR2 projects coming into fruition for totb 6 and jap finale. only going to get better next year.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tis very quick... a 500 bhp mr2 is quicker off the line than pretty much any other 500bhp rwd car just cos of the engine placement...

friends pretty much stock mr2 turbo pisses on me off the line untill i get traction and can get decent power down so 60 on and its mine but up till then the mr2 has it lol.

What ya mean mate

If you mean shifting without lifting throttle then that would be a bad idea it would kill the gearbox amongst other things.

Hes running over 500WHP

Perhaps you think I mean "clutchless shift", which I don't.

I can't see how a flat shift would wreck the gearbox given that a flat shift (clutch dipped but no let up in throttle) puts pressure on the clutch. I can hear him letting off the throttle to change gear.

Given that he is running 10 second quarter miles and is obviously looking to pick up the odd tenth, seems a bit strange that he would let off the throttle mid shift. Further, if he's running 500 rwhp then I would like to think his drivetrain would be more than capable of accepting abuse.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
flat shifting is indeed where you dont let off the throttle and it kills gearboxes , clutch has nothing to do with it.

Nathan is a professional motor racing driver, im sure he knows what hes doing ;)

On a lot of the gearchanges he let off the throttle especially 1st and 3rd run because it was misfiring like a b**ch, guys on the hks stand kindly gave him a spark plug to bang in for the last run but hks plugs are s**t so still had a problem

307 hdi (powered by derv)
the one : where do you live?

The reason i ask is coz Nathan is local to me. Has he been signed upto a team yet? I cant understand why he has so much trouble finding teams.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Well im sure you know he won the formula ford in his debut season end of last year yeah??

Hes in talks with a few teams at the moment.

Im from the other side of kiddy mate

Last edited:
  307 hdi (powered by derv)
yeah, i know he won that. He has had lots of guest apperances for teams aswell.

Where u live then? We'll have to set up a meet.

Paul: The exhaust still hanging on?

P

Paul Common 666

^^^ yeah lets have a meet! :cool:
in the land oak! lol!

Yeah exhaust is gooooooood! turns a few heads!! ive had 3 ppl tellin me it sounds like ive gotta turbo on it :S

P

Paul Common 666

im by stourbridge, im in wjpc same club as Nathan thats how i know him.

You might know dave bradley then? he's gotta red ctr with white wheels? he's a member of wjpc. says he speaks to some one off cliosport!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Did it have mugen front end and its an early CTR? If its one im thinking about he sold that ages ago??

Actually here it is......

carsalepics004600x450.jpg

P

Paul Common 666

^^^^ yup thats the one (no pun intended! lol!)
he's still got it fella. stripped all the mods off it bar exhaust ready for sale. i work with him at mudie. he's been sayin he's sellin it for months.... i think he's too attached tho!! ;)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
He put it up for sale on the site back in june and i was interested in it but then decided i couldnt face owning one because of the attention they carry with them

P

Paul Common 666

it is a nice motor. quick aswell im led to believe! havnt been out for a drive with him tho. had the chance but chickened out. knowsit bout the attention, something that puts me off gettin one. i asked him what he was gettin next.... he said summit sensible! :clown:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hks plugs are made by denso... infact pretty much all irridum plugs are made by denso... if its shitting plugs then there must be something wrong with fueling etc.... ?