ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mates Volvo

E90
Epic want.

[youtube]To23ObPRYbQ&hd=1[/youtube]

[youtube]P49FHdIFaeg[/youtube]

Right now the engine makes around 425bhp to the front wheels, with a Quaife ATB between the 2. Because it's a FWD car and doesn't weigh very much, it is pretty rapid in a straight line. As soon as it's above traction limited speeds anyway. Slightly quicker than an F430 in the 60-120mph range.
I do turn down boost on the Ring mind you. I try to bring it down to 360-380 max for track use as that's still plenty. I also added a big oil cooler this week to help keep oil temps sane.
To stop it I use AP racing brakes with Pagid RS-15 pads. Suspension is KW v2.

So as I was saying, I ruined what was left of the interior the past few weeks.

Pics of the carnage right after I picked it up at the welder:
cage.jpg

inside.jpg

Dash, cutter. Cutter, dash.
poordash.jpg

35lb sunroof removed, alu panel glued on.
roof2.jpg

Removed some more excess crap
junk.jpg

Then added rollcage padding along with temporary door protection and a light steering wheel.
IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Big mess..
IMG_0090.jpg

After washing it for the first time in months...
IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Turbos.
LOL, pretty mad. Would be more of a hero if it has a full set of a seats though. Kind of defeats the object otherwise...

S3, Polo
Impressive!

Love the sound of a tuned 5 cylinder lump; like an old S1 Gp B Audi Quattro.

Superb

My eyesight could be shite, but it almost looks like there's some wood trim still on the dashboard in one of those photos (around the centre air vents). Nice mix with the stripped look if so!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I had an S70 before my vee and I still maintain it sounded better than the big engined clio. Its about time somebody does this with a Focus RS and with the addition of a Volvo S60/V70R gearbox and rear running gear. That would be pretty damn cool and show that fwd will never beat 4wd lol. Nobody has got even close to what the sweeds and norweidgens(?) are getting from these 18 year old engines.

I'd love this more if it were the estate.

I remember seeing one of these on the a404, must of been out on a mapping run as the noise from the exhaust sounded like it was spinning the wheels at 80mph+ speeds, whilst still moving forward at that 'stupidly modified' sort of forwards movement you only get from a 500/600bhp car.

Epic.