ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matte Red/Matte Grey Plastidipped my 172

I matte red really looks nice tbf, all thought matte grey would be a major win!

If your thinking of offering a plastidip service, I'd be very interested!

Good effort Tyler :)

Thanks mat.

Keep your eyes peeled, hopefully we'll be offering it soon

Looks brilliant that Tyler, as said above though I would love to see it all in the matte grey!

Thanks, maybe sometime

Looks way better with the same colour bonnet.

Does look inferno as well.

Cheers mate, I agree but it's a demo car so wanted to show off another colour.

Interesting stuff been looking into this, heard mixed things. Where abouts are you in Essex mate?
​Chris

​In wickford buddy

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
If I was advertising a company I'd do something like a Harliquin style paint job. Catches peoples eye, stands out and shows off different shades/finishes you can do.

447357d1342879252-restoration-vw-thing-__a-harlequingolf.jpg

Clio 182
When is this going to be available to the public mate? I'm in south Woodham ferrers so right round the corner and I want mine done!

If I was advertising a company I'd do something like a Harliquin style paint job. Catches peoples eye, stands out and shows off different shades/finishes you can do.

That was the original idea, but I might still do it once I can get hold of all the colours

When is this going to be available to the public mate? I'm in south Woodham ferrers so right round the corner and I want mine done!

I reckon around a month mate. What colour you want?

Clio 182
Fairly undecided at the minute. Would love to go liquid yellow but guessing that isn't possible with plastidip lol what about gloss white? How much would you charge for that? And how long does it actually last? And can it be washed?

Fairly undecided at the minute. Would love to go liquid yellow but guessing that isn't possible with plastidip lol what about gloss white? How much would you charge for that? And how long does it actually last? And can it be washed?

Fonzie did a matte yellow gtr. But won't be like liquid yellow.

ja5agaza.jpg

I will gloss your car for an extra £200.

People have had it on the car for a good couple of years without any problems, can be jet washed providing its not to close/ a very powerful industrial one. Washing and drying is easy and cheep. Just needs washing up liquid in the water.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
How does this feel to touch? Can you wash it?

Is there anything you would need to be wary of? Mud, ice, salt water.

How long does it last?

I'm just curious as I've never read anything about this and it does look good!

Clio 182
Why does everyone always whinge about the search button? 9 times out of 10 it would actually be quicker to just answer the question than saying "use the search button bla bla bla". Just an observation lol this might have already been said, probably should've used the search button ;) lol

Why does everyone always whinge about the search button? 9 times out of 10 it would actually be quicker to just answer the question than saying "use the search button bla bla bla". Just an observation lol this might have already been said, probably should've used the search button ;) lol
That would be because the thread has about 200000000 pages full of useful information and I'm not typing it all out when you could do a search and have it up within a matter of seconds.

It's there for a reason.

The reason I didn't search is because all i wanted was a price for how much this specific job cost.

What would be the point searching for another thread when I have asked a question about this particular one?

The reason I didn't search is because all i wanted was a price for how much this specific job cost.

What would be the point searching for another thread when I have asked a question about this particular one?
I was telling the people asking 'what's Plasti-dip' to search mate not you.

BMW E46 330ci Sport
I love how people are dragging this thread off topic by asking posters who are on topic to do a search. Asking the OP questions about the product he is looking to sell shouldn't be met with people telling them to search. Maybe a quick google would give them the info they are after but no harm in asking someone with first hand experience questions.

temp ban?

Why not let the admins decide this for themselves seen as you get nothing from another user being banned. Honestly some people.

On topic, love the finish on the red. Looks really good.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
A lot of questions have already been answered, time and time again, but if everyone just searched and didn't keep posting then we wouldn't have so much of a vibrant community. I often think that if you're going to ask something, do a quick search (google is usually easier) but what does it matter if you ask within a thread that's on-topic?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Finish looks great! Reminds me of some lad from Dubai's 182 off here who had his car sprayed Matte Red.

How does this feel to touch? Can you wash it?

Is there anything you would need to be wary of? Mud, ice, salt water.

How long does it last?

I'm just curious as I've never read anything about this and it does look good!

It's weird, quite smooth but not slippery. When not done correctly it will leave particles of plastidip on the surface which make the surface which make it very rough. The're are certain number of coats which need to be applied and the quantity on plastidip is increased each time. Also the highest points of the car need to be done first, then the flats second.

Some people have had this on their car for a couple of years without a problems. If it's done correctly with the correct number of layers and thickness this it's just like vinyl warp (which can last ages)

Nope fine in all conditions from -34ºc to +93ºc.

Washing it is easy, just a bucket of water and washing up liquid. can be jet washed if needed.

Sorry if it has been asked, but what sort of cost is this to do?

This cost me around £200 just for the plastidip then you need prep material, thinners and a gun.

Finish looks great! Reminds me of some lad from Dubai's 182 off here who had his car sprayed Matte Red.

Cheers mate.

Do you apply primers with this?or just straight to paint? seems a great idea tbh.

as Jesus said below. Primer is only used non-absorbent surfaces to prevent peeling of Plasti Dip. No need on a car.

What colour is the VX going?

haha staying red, turns to many head as it is, don't want more attention on myself, don't like it lol

Would it be possible to do the black bit at the front of my 200 in gloss black? If so, price? Im also in Rayleigh

I'll do this at cost price for you, so £55 and includes the gloss coating.

Stock will be back in stock w/c 20th