ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matte Red/Matte Grey Plastidipped my 172

You've done a cracking job of that Tyler, is that why you were busy yesterday then mate?

The finish is quality but I'm not keen on the colour yet (better pictures may help).

The grey however, what an amazing colour. If I ended up having mine done, it'd 1000% be that grey.

Better pictures will help but it's a marmite colour. I'll upload some soon.

Saw it this morning and might do another coat on some places.

Yeah been busy all weekend with this and the hydrodipping. Room still needs building but the original guy who got all the materials and was planning on building the room was meant to come over Saturday, but didn't
I'll keep you updated though.

I meant in general, I'd like to see the white too, poser BMW spec!

Matte white would look good but difficult to keep clean with the texture of the stuff. Having it gloss would make wiping dirt off easier.

RenaultSport 172
Would so be tempted to get mine done in a crazy colour. What kind of price are you thinking for a full car?

nice job, im happy to see a dipped Clio, specially a silver one, i was actually thinking about mate grey for my silver clio, i've tried plastidip on the black parts and small bits, the down side is the cleaning, the mate texture likes to keepd the dust, good luck with the business, i thought about doing it around here too. Can't wait for more tryouts and pics.

You down your unit anytime this week Tyler?

Weekend most likely mate

Looks great!

What you looking at cost wise (materials etc) to do something like this?

Hard to say really for the prep material, spray gun, rent etc but the plastidip and thinners cost me £200

Would so be tempted to get mine done in a crazy colour. What kind of price are you thinking for a full car?

Would need to work this out, took me around 10 hours start to finish roughly. maybe around 500 for a clio, plus extra for gloss, which will make it cheaper than a vinyl wrap.

Seems to wash fine in the videos on YouTube?

Think his referring to the matte finish, once glossified it becomes a lot easier to clean.

work for BMW
Yeah ive seen a few things online, none of them really look properly gloss though TBH, more of a satin, but would like to see in real life to make my mind up properly.

I know what you mean, gloss white is what i personally want so would love to see it in the flesh :)

for OP check this out, an ebay business claiming they plastidip your car , its just for your info to see what they charge etc
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlastiDip-MATT-BLACK-We-professionally-dip-your-car-with-GENUINE-Plasti-Dip-/330902198793?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item4d0b4eda09

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd never thought about cleaning before. That's a valid point. What happens if you get bird poo on it for example..
I imagine you wouldn't be able to use any strong chemicals as they'd just destroy the plastidip, and I can't imagine you can scrub very hard

I'd never thought about cleaning before. That's a valid point. What happens if you get bird poo on it for example..
I imagine you wouldn't be able to use any strong chemicals as they'd just destroy the plastidip, and I can't imagine you can scrub very hard

Water and washing up liquid. Hose down and dry, done.

No more polishing, waxing, claying.

Few more detailed pictures, still need to remove some over spray. Job for tomorrow

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks brilliant that Tyler, as said above though I would love to see it all in the matte grey!