ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Fiesta ST3
It came at about 11:30. The guy drive it here, then walked to the train station and caught the train back to Chester. I want his job tbh.

Gally, your correct there! Ha

no way! thought it would of come on a flat bed!

how many miles did it have when it arrived?

Had about 50 miles on it and was covered in dust from the Sahara.

Obviously been sat in a compound for weeks...

What a great job though, drive brand new cars all over, then catch a train home, whilst being paid.

Awesome.

Fiesta ST3

What a great job though, drive brand new cars all over, then catch a train home, whilst being paid.

Awesome.

lol yep, just hope he didnt redline it all the way to you :D

Suzuki Jimny

Awesome.

It sounds like a laugh, until you realise that most of the time they'll be delivering generic hatchbacks and then being stuck in the rain trying to get a lift back.

VRS
It sounds like a laugh, until you realise that most of the time they'll be delivering generic hatchbacks and then being stuck in the rain trying to get a lift back.

My dads friend does this, his best story:

drove a a brand new Bentley GT from Birmingham to Edinburgh ........

...... Then had to pick up a milk float from Edinburgh to go back to Stafford in lol

he could only take the A Roads as well :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mostly for retirees. I meet lots of them. Always nice older men. Lot cheaper than a transporter!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
We tend to use insured drivers to collect our customers cars for shipment rather than transporters. Every one I've met (lots) I'd be more than happy for them to drive my car.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, seriously can't wait for mine.

First thing I am doing is putting a smaller front plate on!

Fiesta ST3
I need to stop looking at these bloody threads! It's lead to me being approved for the leasing deal lol

How long do they take to reply with a decision ? and from being accepted how long do you have to order the car ? Could you leave it a week or so ?

Titanium 182
How long do they take to reply with a decision ? and from being accepted how long do you have to order the car ? Could you leave it a week or so ?

I applied at 3pm and she said would take 24 hours for a decision, which funnily I got the acceptance 2 hours later! Quick service!

G2L then asked for a colour and they would email
over a vehicle order form and that's as far as I am dude

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Ahem.

Glad to see you've changed your tune ;)

I honestly can't believe I have. Genuinely didn't like them, then saw a few on the road and thought they looked abit better. I'm still not a fan of the back of the car if I'm totally honest. A little too fussy for me, and it looks abit too high on the rear quaters.

Z4
Perfect mate.
These are the new clio 1*2 IMO. Great fun, practical, cheap to buy&run, they do everything well. Only they're built a little bit better!

Blue is best, red is a close second.
Agree with RDH on the looks though, the back doesn't look brilliant. The front is so aggressive for a fiesta, it makes up for it.

Fiesta ST3
I applied at 3pm and she said would take 24 hours for a decision, which funnily I got the acceptance 2 hours later! Quick service!

G2L then asked for a colour and they would email
over a vehicle order form and that's as far as I am dude

thanks for the info mate.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Checked your tyre pressures yet? Front 36 rear 26.

I've just checked mine after giving specific instructions to the tyre fitters on Saturday... They obviously couldn't get their heads around what I asked them to do and gave me 30 on the back instead. Idiots.

And LOL at the love for these now. People are finally starting to see what I've been banging on about for the last year!

Is that right?!? Not checked them yet no...

I have to pop to Sainsburys shortly, and I'm actually looking forward to it so I can have a drive.

Brilliant car. I can't think of one thing I don't like about it.

Apart from the passenger door not closing right, and after a 50 mile drive from the dealer, it needing warranty work!

Fiesta ST-2
Mark assuming you've run these tyres in the winter? What's the traction like? Worries me the tyres are stated as 'summer use only'.

Just got back, love the illuminated sills and the nice little illuminated touches in the car.

Really well thought out IMO.

Seats could do with going down an inch or so though. I'm still used to the Z4 seating position I think (ie - on the floor)

VRS
My first two essential mods:
fresh plain plates vecro'd on to replace the screwed on dealer plates
2 red footwell lights to match the illuminated sills from eBay for £3 :approve:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark assuming you've run these tyres in the winter? What's the traction like? Worries me the tyres are stated as 'summer use only'.

Average. The US manual states specifically a 5 degree minimum ambient temperature for them and it's quite noticeable how the grip's gone once it gets cold. Very good water dispersal though, just not that much grip once they get through it.

Mine lives its life on deserted back roads at relatively low speeds so I'm happy running then year round.

How does the seat height compare with the seats in a 197/200? MarkCup

Compared to my non-Recaro 200 I noticed no difference whatsoever.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Is that right?!? Not checked them yet no...

I have to pop to Sainsburys shortly, and I'm actually looking forward to it so I can have a drive.

Brilliant car. I can't think of one thing I don't like about it.

Apart from the passenger door not closing right, and after a 50 mile drive from the dealer, it needing warranty work!

Sounds odd but trust me it works. I ran them like that, 10psi different, on track and the car is perfectly balanced.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oil?

No idea...although I do know it's a very specific formula for the EcoBoost engines...and apparently half the dealerships don't know or use the right stuff.

Mine's not consumed a drop of it in 17k miles.

Fiesta ST3
Matthew, when you ordered from G2L, did they send you online tracking thing to show you where the car was at in its build process?

Fiesta ST3
No they didn't mate, just a delivery date (which was a few weeks away).

thanks mate :)

they added my order to the Live ford system yesterday and they said their "[FONT=&quot]admin team will be in contact with you next to organise proofs, finance documents and a more accurate delivery date"

[/FONT]

Fiesta ST-2
They've probably got a running schedule given the amount they've leased. Might be getting built as we speak.

Had a spirited drive this afternoon. The thing just keeps getting better, it really does.

Was on the motorway on the way back and the in-gear pace is brilliant. No lag, 5th gear and whoosh your away.

Overtaking on a b-road in 3rd is effortless. 30 to 80 happens very fast in 3rd ;)

Fiesta ST3
Had a spirited drive this afternoon. The thing just keeps getting better, it really does.

Was on the motorway on the way back and the in-gear pace is brilliant. No lag, 5th gear and whoosh your away.

Overtaking on a b-road in 3rd is effortless. 30 to 80 happens very fast in 3rd ;)

:D

any thoughts about getting mountune mp215?