ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

I was 100% going to get it, but I'm a now seriously considering not bothering!

It is faster than any of my Golf GTIs/182s etc were. Might save the £600/700 and spend it on a holiday instead ha.

It's fast enough for me in standard form.

Fiesta ST3
I was 100% going to get it, but I'm a now seriously considering not bothering!

It is faster than any of my Golf GTIs/182s etc were. Might save the £600/700 and spend it on a holiday instead ha.

It's fast enough for me in standard form.

even more looking forward to mine now! lol

enjoy mate :)

VRS
I'm with you matey! The cars fantastic in standard form! If I owned it I would MP215 it but for a 2 year lease it's plenty fun enough as it is and £600 pays for a few nice luxuries elsewhere!

I was fuming yesterday, came out of the shops to see a cat had run two long scratches right down the middle of the bonnet !!

30 minutes with the DA Polisher was needed to get them gone :(

I'm with you matey! The cars fantastic in standard form! If I owned it I would MP215 it but for a 2 year lease it's plenty fun enough as it is and £600 pays for a few nice luxuries elsewhere!

I was fuming yesterday, came out of the shops to see a cat had run two long scratches right down the middle of the bonnet !!

30 minutes with the DA Polisher was needed to get them gone :(

Glad to hear Im not alone in my thinking.

If I was buying/PCP'ing and keeping 3/4 years, it would be a no brainer, but for 2 years to hand back....

200hp and over 200 lb·ft of torque is plenty!

Fiesta ST-2
First proper clean today. Notice a few swirls and a lot of hazing, shitty dealership cleaning... Will get the da on it soon. For now I've just waxed it.

Anyone managed remove this bad-boy?

Getting on my tit-ends!

13912586898_bdacb89460_c.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Fiesta ST3
Matt, have you checked your tyre pressures?

Should be 36 front 26 rear (not a typo lol) and dealers over inflate them

ive read it supposed to make a hell of a difference!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks really nice. Colour looks even better in the flesh, has a slight purple tint.

Fiesta ST3
You managed to get texting working Matthew? Mine doesn't seem to read them out.

what phone do you have mate?

one review on youtube said it doesnt work on iphones, not sure if that has changed or not

il try find the video

edit: found it

watch @ 1min 30secs

Last edited by a moderator:

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
It does work with the iPhone. You have to connect the phone to the car then, on your phone, go to Settings -> Bluetooth. Hit the little i icon next to SYNC and then enable 'Show Notifications'. Turn the car off, then back on again. Should work now. It's a bit hit and miss though imo, I struggle to understand what it's saying sometimes.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Did you notice a difference Mark?

I've only ever driven it with the pressures set correctly (on road and track) so all I can say is that the pressures work.

Having said that...when I had the tyres done a couple of weeks ago, and having specifically told them the pressures I wanted set, it was the rear feeling a bit fidgety that made me check them to find out the back was still 5psi too high.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
That looks really nice!

I've just sent the finance form off for one.

Snotter's
Lovely motor, re the delivery its usually retired railway men who have a free rail pass to do the return journey if there is no swapper.

Seeing as though the car need running in properly, me and the other half took a trip to Donington today, to have a look round their F1 Collection (which was great).

On the way back, we decided to stop off at Chatsworth for a photo opportunity.

It was a 200 + round trip and the car averaged approximately 50mpg (not bad to say its only got about 600 miles on the motor).

13946760268_245cd7a03e_c.jpg

13946339097_91a9da47f7_c.jpg

13946369148_1751744cb9_c.jpg

14130037521_ba4099c57e_c.jpg

14130044921_b3e8145c05_c.jpg

14133271954_91b55dec8c_c.jpg

14132016734_d1871c1032_c.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at 50mpg. I don't care how you're driving it that is insane and not totally surprising in the ST.

It was mainly 50-80mph on the motorway. I laughed when I saw it.

In comparison, my 182s would return arround 38-40 mpg under the same conditions.

* not sure if it will make much difference, but the car has only ever had V-power from Shell. Nothing else.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oooh...you've got one of the lower redline rev-counters.

Not that it makes any difference at all of course LOL - I thought they only came on the early models...the red on mine doesn't start becoming the 'redline' until it's well clear of 6.5k.

No one's yet been able to work out why Ford had two designs made as they limit the same the world over!

Suzuki Jimny
Nice pictures!

As a comparison, over the last 1200 miles in my 200 i've got an average of 28mpg.