ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max bhp/torque 197 gearbox

FF-Cupped 182 '05
As per title; was wondering how much the gearbox can take?
And with 'can take' I mean it's good for at least 70k miles and you can just always use all the available power in every gear.

Reason for asking;
The main thing I don't like about the 197 is the lack of torque in combination with the increased weight (and the lack of steering feel, but that's another matter).
The guys from mbcarperformance are working on a turbo setup for the 197 as mentioned on their site.

After the development of the turboconversion for the Renault Clio 2 RS Phase I, II and III (1999-2005)the development department of MB Car Performance, MB Engineering has started developing a turboconversion suitable for the latest generation Clio III RS 197 (2006 -).

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
It´s a TL4-Gearbox that´s also used for the 106hp version of the 1,5Dci engine and it produces a maximum of 250Nm, so that should it be possible to take at least...

FF-Cupped 182 '05
250NM..at least, anybody out there with a tuned 106hp version of the 1.5DCI?
Standard 197 already has 215NM, so I expect the turbokit to take it to at least to ~300NM.

The 6-speed box in the Megane is not a TL4?