ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max Power Club of the Year

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

With ref to the earlier post we made about the Max Power Modified Club of the Year, I have decided to pull the plug on this. Originally I thought it might be a good idea to get extra publicity for the club; but with a bit of afterthought, and judging some peoples reactions, Ive realised that its not a good idea after all. Thanks to those that offered their support. Were still going to push the club, but in better publications more suited to the club image.

Why not PGTi? Its not the modified car bit that Im really down on, I (and others) just dont see Max Power as a car enthusiasts magazine. Its more of a lads/breasts mag. Neither of which are necessarily bad things, but theres a time and a place. There are just too many unsuitable connotations to be drawn from an association with Max Power.

I buy PGTi myself from time to time as it strikes a good balance between the styling side of things (which I have no real interest in) and the racing/power/mechanical side of things, which I am interested in. I think PGTi has a blend between the two that is acceptable to people who like one, the other or both aspects of car owning. And without having to resort to a single nipple :D

R.

How about getting a feature in a race day programme where clio cup racers are present? Or us throwing a few quid in the pot to sponsor one of the cars?

-Rob

Personally i reckon i would av been the bollox to av a 2 page spread of the club! sh*t loadz of people buy maxpower (i dont ne more) including most my mates! it will be more advertisin for the club for free of charge! i can honestly say i never heard of PGTI until Torsion Tuning showed me there feature! Well i still reckon we should go for it!

"The Clubs wot we want it to be and how we want it to be and nuffin will change that!"

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 24 September 2003

Personally i reckon i would av been the bollox to av a 2 page spread of the club! sh*t loadz of people buy maxpower (i dont ne more) including most my mates! it will be more advertisin for the club for free of charge! i can honestly say i never heard of PGTI until Torsion Tuning showed me there feature! Well i still reckon we should go for it!

"The Clubs wot we want it to be and how we want it to be and nuffin will change that!"

NONONONONO! We cant be associated with Max Power!!!!! Never!!! Very Bad!!!!

*Grin*

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 24 September 2003

How about getting a feature in a race day programme where clio cup racers are present? Or us throwing a few quid in the pot to sponsor one of the cars?

-Rob
Thats a well good idea. Id be up for throwing some money in to do that!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not that anyone cares but i for one would not stay with a club that was endorsed/associated with max power magazine/fast car/revs/redline etc

Good on yer jas.

Seeing as my brother is Features Editor of Max Power, I was going to help ClioSport out by getting him to include the club with some sort of article/spread, but seeing the responses of the masses "Im too cool and mature to be associated with Max Power", I will not bother and will make sure he steers away from Clios as they do not want to be featured in something so rotten as Max Power.

172CUP

Quote: Originally posted by 172Cup on 24 September 2003

Seeing as my brother is Features Editor of Max Power, I was going to help ClioSport out by getting him to include the club with some sort of article/spread, but seeing the responses of the masses "Im too cool and mature to be associated with Max Power", I will not bother and will make sure he steers away from Clios as they do not want to be featured in something so rotten as Max Power.

172CUP

:)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

No need to get upset 172Cup. You have to admit Max Power is aimed at a certain type of reader, they make that obvious enough by their content. I used to read it ages ago, but dont any more, its too boy racer for me. And you are right, I think a lot of ClioSport members maybe feel they are too mature for Max Power, I for one dont want this forum/club going down the same route as some of the other car clubs.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by 172Cup on 24 September 2003

172CUP

Is he? Does he enjoy it?

I just think, that an opportunity like this, to have a whole 2 page spread, in a magazine sold in the thousands, dedicated to ClioSport shouldnt really be missed.

The feature will portrait what the club is about - it wont attract the wrong type of people because they will see what its like and not be bothered.

But anyway, dont matter what I say.. heh.

its read by a large area of ppl so i dont think we can write it off cos a few ppl disagree! its a opportunity that i think we should take but its up to you!

Max Power is for numnuts who hang out at MaccDs and are 15years old and like a hand shandy over the pages.

The cars are all kitted up with snow plow bumpers and 1.1 enginees and 25inch rimms :devilish: Not one of there people no sh*t all about how engines work and think that a KNN filter and a Peco Back box are performance modds:mad:

Its all advertising driven and selling crap to fools and there money. If you are thick enouge to spend £4.50 on LAX POWER then you need your head taking out of your ass, no scratch that , takin out side and put out of your misery.

It mags like these that fork up our insurance , because they give off an image of "Pubesent TIT in a Baseball CAP":mad:.

tw*tS

Tom

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

You know that if we did get a feature in say Max Power, then wed all be instantly branded as boy racer Max Power Clio muppets and I for one do not want that association.

Im 27 (be 28 at the end of this year), I have a degree in engineering, a good job in the aerospace industry, a nice house, on a nice road and I for one do not wanna be classed with 18 year old, Burberry cap wearing plebs, in underpowered cars, with oversized egos! :sick:

The Clio already has an image of being a bit of a girls car or one associated with young drivers, so we should aim to get the image away from this and more towards the drivers car that models such as the 172/Cup/Willy/16v actually are, rather than just a small car with a few bits stuck on.

Its not like the club aint already popular & sucessful without the need to have a big spread in Max Power/Revs/Fast Car/etc and its refreshing to find an owners club for small hot hatches that aint full of boy racers, unlike others I could mention, so I for one would like to keep it that way.

Magazines we should be featuring in are ones like Evo & Top Gear IMO which are publications for drivers & enthusisats, rather than the other mags that promote things twin 5" tailpipes on a 1.2 Corsa, or stupid bodykits on a 1.0 Saxo, not to mention them being borderline as softcore p0rn mags for teenagers!

lol at you!

i understand what you mean but im just tryin to say that not all ppl that read it are like that i buy it cos all mags are the same for modded motors and yes i love modded motors so what else is there to get? all the other ones are poo!!

and yeah the wimmin annoy me cos no mag caters for wimmin in the car industry!

Everything people have said BAD about Max Power, relates to me.. its quite cool.

Underpowered with stuck on bits..

Lovely.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 September 2003

Everything people have said BAD about Max Power, relates to me.. its quite cool.

Underpowered with stuck on bits..

Lovely.
LOL, but you own Cliosport car of the year eh? So what does that say about Cliosport? ;)

big bumper - Got it

k&n - Got it

peco zorst - Got it

Underpowered - Got it

burberry cap - see aint got one coz i aint a lil rudey!

the point is ive had enough people stereotyping people! i drive a outrageous white clio and im only 18 so people think im jus one of those lil rude boys that jus rags it about causing trouble! well i aint i jus love cars and knowin how they work and the way people do them up!

but if it wasnt thanks to Glenn wit his cliosport sticker i would av never known bout this club and that wouldav been a great shame!

i say we need to advertise more and mags r the way forward doesnt av to be maxpower but something people will look at!

Alex