ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maximum lowering of a Williams issues

Im interested in lowering my WIlliams as far as possible its only used for track work so there no huge problem there.

Im guessing the lower I go the better the cornering speed due to weight transfere?

At the moment my Gaz coilovers mean that my car catches on the bumper and front wings on the track However since Im got a new bumper and wings comming Im thinking about cutting it all away so it wont rub.

However how do I work out how much lower can Igo on my shocks? Im running 200lb springs so I guess I have to ensure that I dont ride the bump stops on hard cornering but how much free travel do the damper have to have to ensure this? The shcoks arnt amazing so if going lower is possible but Ill need new Coilover shocks which to use?

Since with this setup and the fact my car weights almost nothing is it recomended to lower the back even more? If so where does it rub going even lower?

Watch for rubbimng on the fuel filler pipe when lowering the back, iirc teh car will handle better wiht the back end higher anyways.

Winston has cut stuff outa his arches to lower his car the amount it is

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 22 August 2005

60mm (maybe slightly more) on 17s with no scarpage so wouldve thought standard wheels it will go down more!!!
Front scrapes that low (probably 50mm infact) on a Williams on standard wheels. Hits the outside arch lip and wears it away.