ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maybe geting a 182...

BG FF182
I'd make sure the cambelt and auxiliary belt have been changed and that other things like brake fluid, oil changes and spark plugs have all been done as per the service manual. Also worth checking to make sure the climate control works properly and the headlight washers don't leak, otherwise I don't think there are too many things to look out for.

K9 EVV
Cheers guys.... looking for one that has average miles and not to high.....

How much is road tax a year????

What milage should the cambelt be done?????

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£230ish.

Cambelt is 5years/72k whichever is first
Aux belt is 5years/36k whichever is first.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Cam belt & aux belt,

Your old Clio was very nice mate! :). I have them alloys, what was yours lowered on? N what's you tyre profile? :).

K9 EVV
Ok so found a 172 with 51k on a 2003. looks in good nick, needs a cambelt change but the seller is looking into that. Up for £3250 does this sound good. Not to far away from me either....

K9 EVV
Anything i should look for when looking at 172????? I know this car needs a cambelt but am sure i ca bargin him down for that???

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Cambelt should have been done 3 years ago? Always a good sign the owner has kept it well...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not mentioning the aux belt being 3 years and 15k overdue.

K9 EVV
the guy tought it was due at 60k which hes right but i told him or 5 years.... if the service history and car is in good condition i may just get it and get the cambelt done myself.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's not due at 60k either

it's 72k or 5 years for cambelt, whichever comes first
and 36k or 5 years for aux belt, whichever comes first.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd have a punt at it, but just remember a cambelt will costs roughly £500.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
also i'd asked what exhaust, as standard ones are silly money so don't think it will be, and kwik fit ones are wrong ones i think.

MKV GTI
surely, once you've factored in the cost of the car plus cambelt and aux belt kit along with a full service (which it will need) your looking at around 4k. For that plus maybe a couple of hundred more you can get a nice FF182 have a look in the for sale section in here I'm sure there us plenty of 182's around the 4k mark and if you buy off a member it's more likley to have been well looked after and have had the all important cam/aux kit done.

ALternativly if that's out of budget there is plenty of 172's for around 3k that have had the belts done. Just have a better look there's plenty about it's just imo, once you have payed for the belts to be done plus the car 4k is a lot of money to have spent on a 172 considering the going rate for these now is anywere from 2k to a max of 3.5k anything above that is overpriced and 99% have had the belts done, saves you a big bill aslong as it's been done by someone reputable.