ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mazda 3 MPS Build Thread

Mazda 3 MPS
Hay guys,

I was on here ages ago due to me owning a 1.2 16v MK2 Phase 2 clio but sold that to the mother.

After the Clio i owned this Polo 9n 1.9tdi sport for 2 years;

5569321068_1dff39c100_z.jpg

5568608213_bd61a52622_z.jpg

Absolute joy to own but was getting a little bored with the car and wanted something i could truly appreciate, so toyed with the idea of a 197 Clio Cup but just couldn't live with the interior although that car i viewed did have the Recaro's and that was a big selling point for me. But i kept on searching and instantly fell in love with my now very own Mazda 3 MPS;

The day i picked it up.
6241554681_391a1103b8_z.jpg

Enjoyed have a standard height car although lower'd by 30mm due to Eibach springs being standard on the aero pack kit (yes also the shameful M3 mirrors also :clown:). The car is so restricted so to release some more potential out of the standard unit i removed the secondary cat and res and made a huge difference in the way it pulls with the additional pop and bang every now and then!

Then the bug got me. BC Coilovers were purchased;

6774955532_e8b27cd8f1_z.jpg

A quick wash after a quick drive over to Belgium for the weekend;

6942796338_d1e2848926_z.jpg

Quick picture of mine and the brothers S2K back to back;

7088867081_6c0f4dd52b_z.jpg

And then a quick trial fit of the wheels;

7088865745_6223fa61fa_z.jpg

The wheels are quite special. They are BIM Creativestudio Zeit RR's but produced by Bridgestone. Im led to believe the only set in the UK in this set up?!?! The wheels were originally used in some sort of Japanese racing series but are really heavy for a "racing" wheels so not sure about history of them!

Anywho, I've ordered camber arms from the States. Hand made from Dominant Engineering. Their work is second to none. Incredible attention to detail! But the list also continues with new tyres, arches rolled and pulled, longer studs, spacers, knew wheel nuts, exhaust, FMIC, SRI, TIP, Remap etc you know how it is, the list seems endless haha!

Anyway thats me for now! Hope you guys like and i'll look forward to have a good nose around on here!

TT QS
i LOVE these cars. great to see a project, really fancy one at some point. defo subscribing to this.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Them wheels look mint, not many aftermarket wheels i like on the mps but cant say i have seen those before!

Where u going to get mapped? I would head to bbr....

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Love these. Only thing that puts me off is the tax. What are they like on fuel?

I get about 23-25 mixed driving in mine, 35-37 on a run

Pre facelift are the ones in the higher tax band, but was over 200 quid a year less to insure than my 172 so it balances out

Looks good on those wheels mate

Mazda 3 MPS
Love the MP series. And your brother has an S2K as well? Hero-spec on both accounts!

D.

Hero-spec haha! Thanks!!

Yeah the gen1 is £455 to tax and horrendous on fuel around town, but on a good motorway journey i got 360 miles to a tank which isnt all that bad! Just depends on how heavy your right foot is!

I won't really have much to update on as im going to the VW show worthersee in 10 days so funds are going towards that! If im driving the Mazda, i'll treat it to a good blast on the Stelvio Pass in Italy :rasp:

Thanks for the warm welcome though, will be sticking around on here for sure!

Leon Cupra 300
I actually prefer the standard wheels! but i'm an OEM freak... love the car though. I thought about one to replace the Saab but it's just too similar to be worthwhile.

Keep us posted with updates. Always interesting.

Mazda 3 MPS
Yeah to be honest, if everyone liked the same thing the world would be a boring place! I prefer the early 90's late 80's stuff to look oem with a few personal touches. Pretty open minded when it comes to cars!