ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP Not charging properly

LY 182
Okay weird one.

Either my battery or the charger seems rather odd at the moment. Like now, I've just been trying to charge. The screen goes a bit brighter as it's always done when plugged in, but it remains green rather than going the orange colour and charging.

I know I can go to the Apple store, but I can't tonight so figured I'd post up and see if anybody has any ideas first.

Thx in advance.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thats how my old one started. Needed a new charger in the end.

Guy at the store said 99% of the time its either a new charger or dc in board.

I'm pretty sure a similar thing happened to my 17" shortly after buying it. It was a one-off and sorted itself. Now 14 months old and Coconut reports capacity as 97% so no lasting problems in my case.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I did mate. I've had the Mac for 29 weeks now, and I'm at 95% of the original capacity which sounds okay to me?

Could I therefore assume it's more likely a fault with the charger itself?

Not bad.

IIRC my MBP is 18 months old now, and the battery capacity is still at 98%

So yes it does sound like the charger mate.

LY 182
Thanks guys for confirming! So do I just need to book into the Genius bar and get a new one courtesy of Apple Care? :eek:

LY 182
I'm not sure what that is in truth...

Sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't. I need to pop to the Apple store anyway.. :eek: