ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP screen replacement cost?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Daughter closed the lid with her earrings in between & later noticed coloured vertical lines.
Does anyone apart from Apple replace these & any advice or idea of cost looking at?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I think that one is covered under the EU replacement scheme.

I had a 2016/17 one and put it in for another repair under warranty and they said they noticed burn on the scene and were going to replace it for free.

I'd book a Genius Bar appointment. Let them look at it and replace it for free.

Don't go to an authorised dealer as they don't work like that.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I think that one is covered under the EU replacement scheme.

I had a 2016/17 one and put it in for another repair under warranty and they said they noticed burn on the scene and were going to replace it for free.

I'd book a Genius Bar appointment. Let them look at it and replace it for free.

Don't go to an authorised dealer as they don't work like that.

Cheers, it has two thunderbolt ports will get her to book in with the genius bar.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
£470 for new screen, ouch!
This model year suffers from,
Screen burn
Dodgy keypad
Battery issues
Hard drive failures
But none of the above were detected.
The Apple genius was up is own arse & could see from previous purchases 10k worth of product all taken out with three year Apple care & no claims.
Kicker is warranty had expired four months ago yet no wiggle room!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
£470 for new screen, ouch!
This model year suffers from,
Screen burn
Dodgy keypad
Battery issues
Hard drive failures
But none of the above were detected.
The Apple genius was up is own arse & could see from previous purchases 10k worth of product all taken out with three year Apple care & no claims.
Kicker is warranty had expired four months ago yet no wiggle room!
Brutal.

I am really surprised to hear this. Did you even slightly try to kick off?

Might be worth making a complaint to Apple customer services and see if someone with more power can make a sensible decision.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Brutal.

I am really surprised to hear this. Did you even slightly try to kick off?

Might be worth making a complaint to Apple customer services and see if someone with more power can make a sensible decision.
Because you could see the chip in the screen he pointed that out.
He was pressing hard on iPad screen to show the difference or flex in the glass.
Do you think a call to customer services would be of any benefit?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Because you could see the chip in the screen he pointed that out.
He was pressing hard on iPad screen to show the difference or flex in the glass.
Do you think a call to customer services would be of any benefit?
For sure. It only takes to get the right person at Apple and they can do almost anything.

I don't think it'll hurt! Just say it was an unfair assessment and irrespective of the damage, I have a faulty screen that's just outside warranty.

See what they say.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Update - customer services have the don’t give fook attitude as well.
£470 the damage is not part of the recall as the device has no signs of failure.

I explained how the damage happened & asked why they were changing thousands of screens under warranty what difference would another make!