ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me Tunes!!!

Hi Guys + Girls

I have a Kenwood sub and a Legacy Amp that I want to fit in my mk II clio sport. I was wondering if I could do this by using the original Headunit, until I am in a position to buy a new Headunit? If so, could I use the original unit to control the level of bass coming from the sub?

Any help would be appriciated!!!

Cheers
Scott

your standard head unit wont have any RCA leads to attach to your amp. so get yourself out their and buy a new head unit. i reocmmend the pioneer 7400mp, excellent stereo and looks amazing.

Hi ClioJohn

Thanx 4 the advice. Will the original CD Changer that comes with the car link up with the new headunit? And will I be able to use the remote control with the new Headunit?

Cheers
Scott

In the mean-time you could intercept the signal going to the front speakers and reroute them through the amp if it has the relevant wire inputs, then output from the amp to the front speakers and also to the bass box....

not sure about linking the cd changers but i highly recommend you get a new hu. they look much nicer and to be honest cd changers are only for lazy fags

If you want a new head unit to utilise the origional remote controls on the steering column then you would be best going for one of the new Kenwood units (I can personally recommend the KDC-M9021) and you have to buy the adapter that uses the orogional remote (and ustilises the standard display aswell)
Problem is the connector is an absolute t**t to get too (dash off job).

You can buy RCA splitters for the amp but quality will suck and it aint worth the hassle.