ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Media Portal

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Anyone used this?

The one amazing feature about it, is that it can automatically scan imdb and download movie art so everything looks a lot prettier than with a regular WMC setup.

Experiences? so far, seems to be good from what i can see.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

Fabia vRS
won't work on windows 7 :(

was using it before when i had vista, but it won't install now on windows 7.

haven't done any reading around yet to see if anyone has a solution.

re-skin it and it will look even better.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
and skin suggestions adam? going to install on my MC home setup tonight i think, hope it can read all my divx files and connect them to imdb!

Fabia vRS
you might find that you have to manually add all your films to the imdb function if you have them named as scene releases as the imdb database won't recognise them under that naming format.

look on the mediaportal website and there are a load of skins to choose from.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
it's just like windows media centre, but it's free and does extra stuff

Full Fat 182
MP with MP-TVseries and MovingPictures plugins with the Monochrome skin is about as good a media front end as I've used. Downside is it takes a while to first get your head around configuring it then actually getting all your media to play how you want. Not the easiest but certainly one of, if not the best media frontends. This or WMC (or VMC) with Mymovies plugin (which is much easier to setup but less glitzy) is the way forward

just set this up with mp tv series and its working great for the limited amount of stuff i have on the pc at the mo need to connect up my external drive and see how it handles that in a bit

Just set this up on my HTPC... cant believe i havent installed this over the past year.. had to make do with crappy windows.. makes eveything so much easier.

Only problem i got is the font is a bit big in the menus and film descriptions. anyone know how i can reduce the size of the font?

Movies.

All my folders are named properly. I downloaded some other zip file, but the exe does nothing. MP takes aaages to get going, too..

Movies.

All my folders are named properly. I downloaded some other zip file, but the exe does nothing. MP takes aaages to get going, too..

when you are in config you tell it the folder with your video's in then click to next page and click update database i think it is then it sorts it all out matches it to imdb etc and downlaods artwork

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
http://xbmc.org/download/

simply the best!! and now ported to linux, osx and windows!

does that download artwork automatically?

Revels it should do it automatically, although i'm not sure about the specfic naming convention needed to get it to discover correctly, i didn't have as much luck as i'd hoped and my movies are named simply...

"Movie - 2009"

They need to be named.. "Film (2009)"

Which all mine are.. I downloaded some plug in but I couldnt seem to work out how to add it on. I might give xbmc a crack later on. If I can get it working ive got a space PC that I can hook up to my tv :approve:

they dont need to be only if you want it done automatically most of mine arnt it just prompts me to match it to possibilities