ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet Mia The Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
  'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Jesus I thought you were dead!!!

Hopefully all going well work/money wise, i'll have my project Mini up and running by next summer. :approve:

LOL Not dead just busy. AND GOOD. LOL

clubby or roundnose? I've spent about a week trying to make this excel document; I keep getting scared everytime I add it up ha!

While I have been away working at college (Getting 93% on a test f**k yeah! lol) I did manage to get Mia featured in the On the Job Section of mini mag, keep an eye out if your in WHSmiths I think it will be the January Edition.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
vDUBbeetle.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Cool i'll look out for the mag.

I think i'm leaning towards a Clubman, don't know why I think I just prefer them,
bit more of an aggressive front end I think.

This is what i'll be aiming to build,
although it may take a while as I have now clue what i'm doing. lol

rover7.jpg

Last edited:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's cool as f*ck, I was thinking NATO green with black accents,
but i've seen a few black ones over the last month or two and it's definitely the colour i'll be going for.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Bought Myself another steering wheel - This one is what would've come on the car originally. Some people don't like it but the main reason I bought is because it was a £5 and considering they usually go for £40 I thought, yep I'll have that. And its not got the metal bits so in the winter I should be able to use the steering wheel lol.

After it has been leather cleaned and conditioned.

Im currently as of today 74% through My college course, I should! finish by February or March rather than June lol. So I can focus all my time on the mini, and I'm getting some panels just after Christmas.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
As promised, just after Christmas.

Panels are being collected next weekend.

Front Panel
A Panels
Wings
Scuttle
Rear Valance

All non-genuine except from the Scuttle as I've heard lots of problems with Non-genuine Scuttles and Windscreens not fitting!

Enough Dintrol to Sink a Battle ship and Plastic Wheel Arch Liners will also be installed to preserve the new metal work!

Noah

e91 330d/type r mini
i used a genuine scuttle when i built mine and ease of fitment made the extra cost worth the money.i still had to bond my screen in though to stop it leaking.im not sure if you realise how much work is involved in doing a scuttle but it isnt a 10 minute job that for sure.
this is how far back i took mine to give you an idea, obviously you wont be cutting the bulkhead like i did to allow room for throttle bodies
0ceeef0a.jpg

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Tis all good, I've employed someone to do the welding, though I've done some welding at college. Works out cheaper :O Cost of welder, Tools, Gas.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Tunst's thread reminded me to update this.

Car will be sent off hopefully late Feb early march to be welded and painted.

Its a mates rate things so under 2k for all the welding and painting some I'm very happy.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Tunst's thread reminded me to update this.

Car will be sent off hopefully late Feb early march to be welded and painted.

Its a mates rate things so under 2k for all the welding and painting some I'm very happy.

Im already looking for the usual engine mods :eek:

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Im already looking for the usual engine mods :eek:

haha!

Mines got as follows: Alloy Heated Inlet manifold. 3-1 Janspeed Exhaust Manifold and a Side exit single silencer Janspeed back box, Ultimate Engine steady and a few other bits hidden underneath no doubt.

My car has a......checkered past.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
You could always bore the 998 out to 1098.

With a 266 Kent cam and a light port and gas flow that will produce 65-70bhp.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Bingley Hall Haul:

Not really a Haul but I thought that sounded kinda cool.... haha.

Got myself some Centre Clocks for £45

8420712448_9d77596baf_b.jpg

and All My Panels, they all feel rather good except the rear valance which looks abit too flat? May flog it and pop to minispares and pick up one from them, oh well not the end of the world!

8419616789_7c3293a31b_b.jpg

oh and some Mk2 Rear Light seals, but a picture of those wasn't really needed....

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
On My order list for the next few weeks.

40" Speedo Cable
Centre Speedo Conversion Wiring
7.5" Cooper S Brakes ready for 10" Wheels
Spacered Drums
New Shoes

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Harsh.

Went in for an extra day in college, re-built a Pinto engine, gonna get my Mini in the next few weeks to pull the engine out.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv got it running but it needs set up properly with a timing gun, also needs a clitch as the bearing is knocking like hell..

After that... 2 all joints and a CV boot and ita ready for mot!

e91 330d/type r mini
slowest build thread eeevvvveeeeerrrrrr, whats the next update "today i checked the tyre pressures" come on get cracking we love mini pics :)
i have just fitted some fiesta rs turbo seats in mine as the carbon composite seats i had in were hell on these great british roads :(

e91 330d/type r mini
You try restoring a car when you don't have any source of income ;D
I did ;-) I don't work due to illness but have a very supportive wife and I had the facilities to do the job and very helpfull friends.
Seriously mate I'm only pulling your leg doing things quick isn't always the best way. It took me 8 months start to finish with mine and there are quite a number of things I'd do differently if I was do do another.
keep up the good work :)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Wellers are up for sale. Lasted Long.

Got a Job, at Minispares none the less, Pay is good and I get a discount on parts.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sorry to say i've given up on having a Mini project in the future,
even rusted shells are fetching a grand ffs, i'll have to learn mechanics on something else.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm sorry to say i've given up on having a Mini project in the future,
even rusted shells are fetching a grand ffs, i'll have to learn mechanics on something else.

My mate has a shell he'll let you have for nothing. It was his race car but it got rear ended on Saturday.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the offer mate, but I think i''ll eventually go down the MK2 Cortina route,
a rolling project with MOT can be had for reasonable money,
plus I don't have anywhere to store a non running project atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.