ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet Mia The Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
  'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Picking these up sometime in the next two weeks.

7718002670_2fbd0248c5_b.jpg
[/url]Mia's Recaros by NoahRobinson07, on Flickr[/IMG]

£100 for the two, one of the brackets needs a fix but there's a body shop at the bottom of the road who can weld it back on :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They're out of a Rover Noah, haven't checked your other thread yet. Came in the 620 turbos and 800 vitesse mainly iirc.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
They're nice Noah, so I take it you've changed your mind about putting original Mini seats in?

They were quite expensive in comparison to those Recaros.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Yes, its that main thing. Cost. Unfortunately I haven't been graced with a Rich mummy & daddy but I love them all the same :)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
They look alright, Main thing is extra lights for night, Mini lights aren't the most power full and mine are the halogen ones. Cause they're reflectors I can't use HID's but I wouldnt want to anyway the colour doesn't suit minis/

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Body repairs are being done in october time, A guy round my way is doing the welding and painting and has given me a rough quote of £1500. It will probably end at £1800.

£1800 + £600 = £2400, around a thousand under my budget, maybe look into some performance upgrades. Stage 1 kit? Re-build the carb, paint the engine. and of course 4 pots :)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Good to know, I want to try and get re-seat covers to match, Highly unlikely as Rover don't exist anymore and That pattern would be difficult to copy.

Clio 172
Awesome.

Will definately be watching this, when I get my own place it'll have a garage which will house a mini. Nut and bolt rebuild with a civic engine :D

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Awesome.

Will definately be watching this, when I get my own place it'll have a garage which will house a mini. Nut and bolt rebuild with a civic engine :D

Thanks, Start college on monday so work will start then. The guy with the seats sold the car and told me an hour before hour agreed pickup time. Nice.

Looking into speedwell replica buckets.

Will create a new thread as this one is a tad cluttered :p

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Why start a new thread?

This one is all about Mini's and it'll soon be about you rebuilding yours,
plus I can't be arsed to learn a new thread title, I don't go in for all this 'subscribed' b*llocks.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Could you have a go at rebuilding one with a Haynes manual, an internet connection and zero mechanical knowledge?

I really want one and have been told by quite a few people they're great cars to learn on,
as they're basically a giant meccano set.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Could you have a go at rebuilding one with a Haynes manual, an internet connection and zero mechanical knowledge?

I really want one and have been told by quite a few people they're great cars to learn on,
as they're basically a giant meccano set.

Dave you know me thats what I'm doing. I'm only using college as a place to store it and work on it over winter. Don't want it to rust away any further :).

By the way as me being on a budget a lot of my parts will be reconditioned, rather than replaced. So technically its not a full nut and bolt restoration :)

They're a giant meccano set barr the spot welds :p, other than that fairly simple.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but at least your doing a grease monkey course,
so someone's going to teach you the stuff you need to know.

I'll be doing mine with absolutely f*ck all knowlege. lol

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Jolly good. :approve:

I'm saving for a full belt service atm, but I keep looking for decent chassis and 1275 engines.

I have considered just getting a 1275 engine for £300quid and taking it apart, then putting it back together,
plus I want to fit it with webbers/twin carbs.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Jolly good. :approve:

I'm saving for a full belt service atm, but I keep looking for decent chassis and 1275 engines.

I have considered just getting a 1275 engine for £300quid and taking it apart, then putting it back together,
plus I want to fit it with webbers/twin carbs.

That will all come later in Mia's life, unfortunately I can only get away with light engine mods. Stage 1 kit. thats it really.

Plan on boring to 1293cc or 1380cc with new pistons, con rods, crank, bearings, and a nice high lift kent cam shaft.

Oh and to deal with that, 4 pots. :p

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
The thing that's doing my head in is I have to save £600quid for a full belt service including dephaser,
I could buy a f*cking project Mini for that ffs.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't matter tbh, i've always assumed i'd be buying any old Mini that wasn't rusty,
then dropping in a 1275 engine, then bolting on Cooper everything.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Doesn't matter tbh, i've always assumed i'd be buying any old Mini that wasn't rusty,
then dropping in a 1275 engine, then bolting on Cooper everything.

Haha, thats the spirit. :p. I bought myself a spot weld drill bit and took of the bonnet lip in preparation for the Mk1 grille. Think Im gonna get some bonnet pins. Im not so confident of the safety catch.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Bonnet pins?

Didn't Mk1s have those leather straps to hold the bonnet down?

They we're after market, I mean like the bonnet pins you see on Muscle cars or I may just improve on rovers safety catch design, Either way.

I just can't wait to start working.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Remember there's no such thing as to many pics in a project thread.

I'm not risking my canon, I'm going back to My pentax point and shoot.

By the way (NOT SPOILT CHILD> ALL THE STUFF I WANTED I HAVE WORKED FOR OR BOUGHT MYSELF> INCLUDING THE CAR. I dont want to come across a spoilt brat.

The only thing I'm not paying for is Insurance, purely because my parents paid for my sisters car and insurance, I said I wanted to work and pay for the car myself they said we'll pay for the insurance.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Who thinks you're spoilt, it's not like you've got a Porsche is it? ;)

It's a £500quid Mini that needs work,
a young lad like you learning mechanics should have something like that to work on.

I'm almost as excited about it as you are ffs. lol

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Who thinks you're spoilt, it's not like you've got a Porsche is it? ;)

It's a £500quid Mini that needs work,
a young lad like you learning mechanics should have something like that to work on.

I'm almost as excited about it as you are ffs. lol

Because when people ask how much it costs and I say £500 pounds they go blimey thats cheap, but when I point out by the end of it it will cost 3 thousand they go, so your parents are paying for it.

LOL> Police officer stopped on my road when I was hunting my air leak to ask about it <3

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Iv forgot how easy minis are to work on, that one me and my grandad use to mess with was a rAte doddle. Only thing I couldn't do was valve timing stuff

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Incredibly easy bar the 22 degree bonnet opening angle :p I literally got stuck.

Haha , ours didn't have a bonnet. It was put in a shed and dismantled and rebuilt every summer I had down there for 5 years, unit 2 years back :(

It's good to know that you have knowledge of Mini's Raz,
I see more Dr Pepper coming your way in the future. ;)

Haha , dave, trust me, you buy a classic mini and you won't find anything you. Cannot practically do by yourself with some time.
altho I will be happy to get my hand dirty on a mini again to relive fond memories :)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
If either of you are ever down near me you're more than welcome to come and help (if its not done) or come for a ride if it is. :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Very good choice. I like the skulls skin, that would look epic on some parts of the engine bay or engine itself :)

I would say if your doing carbon fibre, go for a slightly darker shade of silver than your normal ' silver ' paint. IMO will make it look more subtle and realistic. Only you would know its not real ;)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Very good choice. I like the skulls skin, that would look epic on some parts of the engine bay or engine itself :)

I would say if your doing carbon fibre, go for a slightly darker shade of silver than your normal ' silver ' paint. IMO will make it look more subtle and realistic. Only you would know its not real ;)

It is dark silver, google Aston Martin Quantum Silver, its really grey but its called silver :)

Status
Not open for further replies.