ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megadrive to PC monitor

Clio200 EDC Lux
So I have turfed my old mega drive and mega cd out of the loft :cool::cool: I have been trying to connect it to my pc monitor but no luck.

The megadrive has the av lead which gives 3 phono plugs red/white for audio and yellow for video, when connected to my tv it works fine. However when I plug the video into the composite on my monitor nothing happens? am I missing something here or should it work fine?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to remember having issues with my ps1 and some tv's back in the day.

May be a similar issue

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Does the monitor have a yellow connection? iirc composite is only red, blue and green so you won't be getting the video signal.

Could be completely wrong though :S

SQ5
Does the monitor have a yellow connection? iirc composite is only red, blue and green so you won't be getting the video signal.

Could be completely wrong though :S

Yes your completely wrong

Composite - yellow RCA (red and white for audio)

Component - Red, Green, Blue RCA (red and white for audio)

Clio200 EDC Lux
After doing some research it appears to be a problem due the sync rate of the megadrive which apparently is too low for modern pc monitors to pickup.

Found this vid on youtube, read the comments for more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio200 EDC Lux
Oh and on a different note this guy has some serious skillz.

For those of you the remember the megadrive and megacd some may also remember the 32x add-on that slotted into the cartridge slot to give better graphics and sound. Anyhow this was hell of a size when connected up, required 3 plugs and a load of wires to work.

This guy has made the "Sega fusion" basically a stripped out and modded sega dreamcast with all of the above in one unit.

Last edited by a moderator: