ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 piston valve pockets machining..

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, I’m after some info... fitting megane 225 OEM pistons to a Clio F4R block and wanting to retain VVT... I have been told I’d need to get some valve pockets machined into the crowns. Can anyone give me any drawings or info on this? Or recommend someone who can/has done them that I can possibly send them too?

I have friends at machine shops but assuming they will need info [emoji106][emoji106]

Cheers
6c75f706f9abce1574d058fc332da273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Don’t worry, sorted it. Thanks for all the reply’s... pricks [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I put the same question up on the FB page and got a load of unwanted advice about not bothering and go forged etc... not what I was asking!

Get back to your polishing and love island talk guys ??‍♂️[emoji4]

dan's cast offs.
yup, double check the pocket depth but the meg gasket is about 1mm thicker so is going to get you about there, also am sure i've heard of a couple of people running vvt with meg pistons and possibly just 225 gasket.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
yup, double check the pocket depth but the meg gasket is about 1mm thicker so is going to get you about there, also am sure i've heard of a couple of people running vvt with meg pistons and possibly just 225 gasket.

I’ll be running a 1.3mm gasket anyway to get to 9:1 ratio, but Chris@ efi said they run very close so worth getting the slots done