ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane F7R Fenix5 ecu problems - Fuel pump not turning on

1998 Renault Mégane
Hello everyone, first off im new to the forum so i apologize if i posted this in the wrong category.

So here is my problem, Im building F7R powered renault 5 track car. I bought a used engine, wiring loom and ecu from the wreckers two years ago. I tested it while it was in the car and everything worked. Fast forward two years and im getting ready to start the engine for the first time in my 5. I know that the Fenix5 needs to have its immobiliser bypassed to work in a different car. With the ecu plugged into the engine loom and power given to pin 32, ground at pins 2 and 3 and switched 12v from the ignition barrel, the engine refuses to start, upon closer inspection i found out that it has no spark. The immobiliser has been previously bypassed by the looks of it. I plugged the ecu into my megane (which is working with its original ecu and also started with an unlocked 1.6 ecu) and i get following: fuel pump is not turning on, neither is the red light in middle of the instrument cluster. I removed the ecu and began the procedure of bypassing the immobiliser, but it appears as if it has been already bypassed because the pin 43 nor the pin 26 give any feedback (which should be a sign of bypassed immobiliser). Im starting to think that the ecu is fried, but how come it worked two years ago. Has anyone had any similar problems. Does anyone know if its worth digging into this ecu and replacing the main chip or should i rather find another one? They are getting hard to find but apparently any Fenix5 can be used with a correct map programmed in.

Once again, i apologize if this post has nothing to do here.