ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26.R Dodo Juice Detail

Megane R26
I was looking forward to this one, and it didn't disappoint, a real pleasure to work on.

The car itself is a really credit to it's owner - Chris, as it was generally in superb condition, was obviously well cared for and protected, but was just a bit dirty from general road grime.

Apart from one minor scratch, the paint under the Brinkmann only had very minor swirling, so Dodo Juice Lime Prime via Rotary was a perfect choice to clean the paint up a bit, and leave a nice clean surface ready for protection.

I didn't get any before pics unfortunately. The full process was as follows:

- CG Citrus Degreaser applied by pressure sprayer to lower half of car and wheels
- Pressure Washer rinse
- Snow Foamed with DG901 and Hyper Wash cocktail
- Wheels, tyres and arches hand cleaned with various brushes and rinsed
- Snow foamed again
- Shuts and sills cleaned with Megs APC @ 10:1
- Foam solution worked on grilles and petrol cap with Envy Brush
- Pressure Washer rinse
- Hand wash using Dodo Juice BTBM, CYC Wash Pad and Zym0l Wash Caddy
- Car clayed with CYC blue clay and Dodo Juice Born Slippy
- Pressure washer rinsed and washed again
- Dried with I4D Uber Drying Towel and Optimum OID
- Paintwork cleansed/corrected using Dodo Juice Lime Prime, via Chicago Rotary and Megs W8006 Polishing pad
- 2 x layers of Dodo Juice Supernatural applied, with 30 minute curing time, and 30 minutes between layers.
- Wheels protected with Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine (wow!!)
- Tyres and plastics dressed with CG NLTG
- Glass (int and ext) cleaned with Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate
- Interior wiped down with 4:1 Megs APC and vacuum'd with Henry
- Zym0l Field Glaze wipedown

Now, unfortunately the weather was against us, because as we finished it started to rain, and was very overcast, so the pictures aren't wonderful. However, there was a wonderful glossiness and reflective property to the finish. I think we were all most impressed by the Planet Polish WS&S though - it left a stunning finish on the Gloss Black Meg wheels.

Hopefully we can get some better pics of it at Trax under sunlight...

P1010243.jpg

P1010244.jpg

P1010246.jpg

P1010247.jpg

P1010251.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010253.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010255.jpg

Epic car - I want one, and have started looking... :lol:

Shame the pics let it down, bloody weather :)

Oh and a special thanks to my sexy little helper... Mr Ste Burns!

Cheers,

Russ.

It makes me sad inside to see a car like that so clean. Each to their own, though. Looks awesome. I'd love one.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Nice work Russ!

I see your really getting into using the LP now, I spied your thread on DW using it on yours ;) (great results)

Meg looks stunning btw

Megane R26
Nice work Russ!

I see your really getting into using the LP now, I spied your thread on DW using it on yours ;) (great results)

Meg looks stunning btw

Thanks Tay. It's awesome with the right technique by Rotary - corrects really well too on most paints :)

Russ.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Farkin 'ell! Looks superb! :approve:

How do you cope with all the decals on the bodywork, Russ? Do you have to tip-toe around them, from a detailing point of view?

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lovely car, not keen on the "trendy" white though, so many nicer colours

<---- it's been done for years. Nowt new there. ;)

Though I know what you mean. Heading back home on the motorway yesterday, a new GTR in white passed me with black alloys, then not two minutes later, a white Gallardo, again with black wheels.

Taste clearly transcends different makes and models of cars. :D

D.

Megane R26
Farkin 'ell! Looks superb! :approve:

How do you cope with all the decals on the bodywork, Russ? Do you have to tip-toe around them, from a detailing point of view?

D.

I just tape them off mate, or do it by hand, or use a non abrasive paint cleanser. I still protect them too, with a spray wax type product - Zymol Field Glaze in this instance.

Cheers,

Russ.

Golf GT TDI
<---- it's been done for years. Nowt new there. ;)

D.

yeh i like white cars but alot of new cars are all white, audi`s bmw`s etc etc and alot of the r26r`s are white, just prefer the other colours in the megane r26r range love the lunar grey and RB :cool: