ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26 R, maybe as special as the V6?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No. The R26 is the best of the road megane's (and the current rsport range), the R26R will probably better on track, but like the mini gp too stiff and compromised for the road.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
nothing will be as special as the turbo 2 and the vee, for the foreseeable future.

Mark 1 Clio V6
Big difference between a V and that is that the V has rear wheel drive and is mid-engined, which gives a totally different driving experience, so I would say not really a comparison.

That and the V looks absolutely amazing. That Megane looks like $hite!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good threads on renaultsport on this, lots of knobs as well who think they know what is coming out.

good comedy reads

Big difference between a V and that is that the V has rear wheel drive and is mid-engined, which gives a totally different driving experience, so I would say not really a comparison.

That and the V looks absolutely amazing. That Megane looks like $hite!
What a good post :approve:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Far too many brands that renault make are becoming diluted now.the R26 is a good car and then they want to make 15 versions of it.

Waste of time

There was a 5 then a V6 end of chat

Elise/VX220/R26
I think these will fly out of the showrooms. I rekon only 50% of people who have meganes have kids etc a big chunk of owners are unmarried/still living at home or whatever. I think the lure of carbon bucket seats and some of the other trimmings that are going to be on this model will be more than enough to tempt people into buying.

I salute Renault for just being so far out there with this car. Can you imagine VW or Ford doing anything like this? It would just never happen. As for being more special than a Vee? We'll see. It will be faster, more practical and cheaper than a Vee thats for sure.

Hang on for the final specs before you go judging this car. You might just be surprised ;)

Mark 1 Clio V6
If in the final specs it looks nothing like the current Megane I might be surprised, but I very much doubt it.

The V6 and the R5 will take a hell of a lot of beating for Renault bluechip cars - this is just going to be an ugly stripped out Megane.
Not that special in other words, nor will it have the sense of occassion a mid-engined RWD Renault has.

The V6/R5T were/are in a totally different league and totally different beasts.

The only comparison worthy of this Megane is probably the Clio Trophy which has this rancid Megane licked for style and purpose IMO.

B

Brown.

cos its mid engined ??...oh no wait, its front like every other non special last of a production run profit pick me up car :D

Elise/VX220/R26
In the context of what every other mainstream manufacturer is doing the Ultimate is "special" Whats with all the haters from the V6 camp anyway its all fecking renaultsport aint it?

cock mobile.
Megane R26R - Special - No.

Clio V6 - Special - No.

Alfa 8C - Special - Yes.

Enzo - Special - Yes.

You get the idea.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I think these will fly out of the showrooms. I rekon only 50% of people who have meganes have kids etc a big chunk of owners are unmarried/still living at home or whatever. I think the lure of carbon bucket seats and some of the other trimmings that are going to be on this model will be more than enough to tempt people into buying.

I salute Renault for just being so far out there with this car. Can you imagine VW or Ford doing anything like this? It would just never happen. As for being more special than a Vee? We'll see. It will be faster, more practical and cheaper than a Vee thats for sure.

Hang on for the final specs before you go judging this car. You might just be surprised ;)

There are a whole host of approved mods for the focus ST that are warrantied and the majority are TUV approved also. ;)

I don't get the haters from the V6 camp either:S

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Also will have a titanium exhaust and track tyres like the elise.

No rear seats,carbon fibre bonnet,polycarb rear windows,and inside a one piece carbon shelled bucket.As a result it will be 125kg lighter than the 1345kg R26.0-60 will be 6.0 dead(quicker than a cayman 2.7-6.1 secs).

Uprated suspension and shorter gearing will help with the speed,wheels will be red or black,but the colours could change.A roll cage will also be avaliable and it should be on sale by the end of the year.

From EVO

clio 200 F4Rt
to me it will be a special car, as i would want to own this, i dont want to own a V6 (does nothing for me).

Plus being in the Megane, you know its gonna go like stink, handle really well, and hopefully wont inflate your ego to epic proportions like owning a V6 does! :D

Willy + Modus DCi
V6 owners are just plain nasty :p i was gunna loose the 172 for an R26 early this yr but then heard about the rumoured 'extreme' so i'll wait around for it sounds like a wicked little car!!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Thing is if you've got £24K to buy a balls out racer, you can get faster cheaper alternatives than this!

Elise/VX220/R26
Must admit although obviously I love my megs 24k is a bit optimistic. Add a a couple of k onto that and your looking at some serious 2nd had competition (M3 CSL, Z4M etc etc etc) I can still see them selling well just simply because theres absolutley nothing out there in the showrooms that is anything like it (other than a 911 GT3 RS) I guess thats what the R26R is basically a working class GT3 RS. Nowt wrong with that.

I think all in al your looking at something thats certainly as interesting as the clio V6 was back in the day not to mention it looks like been considerablly cheaper/quicker/more economical/better handling and marginally more practical (assuming you will be able to retro fit rear seats or at least be able to get plenty in the back)

Will deffo be interesting too see how i goes anyway especially with the petrol situation etc there are a lot of current owners bailing at the moment as it is so interesting times..........

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Thing is if you've got £24K to buy a balls out racer, you can get faster cheaper alternatives than this!

true, but i think the idea is weight reduction to make it a drivers car, not quite in the same league as exiges etc however imo