ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craig's 2nd Yella Peril - LY Megane R26

Well after owning 9 Clio's, 7 of which have been Renault Sports i fancied a changed but keeping it Renault. So i started looking for a LY megane R26.

Tbh it was proving quite hard, most where miles away or they were over my limit of 50-60k on the clock, also some had ditch finder tyres, service history wasn't up to scratch, belts had been done at a joe blogs garage & some didn't even no they needed doing with them being low mileage, even though they were over 5yrs old, so it put me off before i even seen seen them, basically it sounded like they were being ran on a budget.

Then Karl (owns a LY r26 off here) found one on the megane forum for me, rang it up & everything sounded spot on. I went down to meet Jonathan & see his R26 & a deal was done that we were both happy with. I left a deposit & pick it up saturday as its my next day off & i cant wait :D

As with all my cars I've had i cant leave them standard lol, the 197 was supposed to be a standard daily & that lasted two minutes :rolleyes: The megane is my new daily but i do have a few things planned for it.

Remove all r26 decals
Cooksport springs
Short shift mod
Fit 200 steering wheel(yellow stitching) just need an airbag
Remove middle box
Fit my own itg filter setup
Forge recirc valve
Stage 1 map off paul
LUX full leather rear seats & all door cards
R26r spoiler
Maybe R26r wheels

Few pictures i took yesterday.

12610184785_50d1af960f_c.jpg

LY Megane R26 by CraigyD7, on Flickr

12610286813_317ee97082_c.jpg

12610627194_57e22836b3_c.jpg

12610179155_bc7a13d904_c.jpg

12610172515_fbaed5edf5_c.jpg

12610207035_c1c60cf524_c.jpg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
You will love it mate. I was picky looking for mine too, ended up driving 200+ miles to get the right one. Are you 100% about removing the decals? IMO they make the car what it is. And the Megane Steering will is already leather/perforated leather with the red stitched band on the top..

Great find, I hope you enjoy it! Turbo FTW

You will love it mate. I was picky looking for mine too, ended up driving 200+ miles to get the right one. Are you 100% about removing the decals? IMO they make the car what it is. And the Megane Steering will is already leather/perforated leather with the red stitched band on the top..

Great find, I hope you enjoy it! Turbo FTW

Cheers mate hopefully i will, I've drove a couple before & loved them & this one didn't disappoint on the test drive. Yeah im 100% on the decals they are too fussy for me, less is more. I can always fit a new set when i come to sell it. Ive got a 200 steering wheel on the 172 & owning the 197 for 18months i really like them so i think its a good upgrade & the yellow stitching is a nice touch imo.

Lovely!! For a girls colour Only joking.

Who is having your 197? Or yet to be sold..

Haha somebody was going to say that

Well i haven't put the 197 up for sale, but a forum member showed his brother some pictures of it & he wanted to view the car & now he has seen it he wants it. I said i needed to buy another car first though so i wasn't without one, i didn't want to use the 172 in the bad weather.

Ver nice! only 4 looooong days to wait ;)

Will look great once everything has been done :)

haha i no Karl its going to drag till saturday :(

Cheers mate just a few small touches to make it my own, its your fault coming to my house in yours soon as you went i decided i was 100% getting one haha.

What are you planning on doing with the seats.....

Changing the rear seats & all the door cards for the LUX full leather ones to match the recaro's better as the cloth ones are crap lol.

Looks good Craig.

I give it 4 or 5 months before you 'go daft with the mods' and up goes the boost on this

Thanks pal.

Hahaha I've said stage 1 power will be enough as its my daily but it is tempting to go for more lol, but I'm fitting the standalone to the sunflower soon then mapping on that so I'm sure that will keep me happy enough

@Craig. You know the 16" F1's I sold you? They used to belong to @-KarL- LOL!

Haha i no yeah Gaz back in the NE where they started off lol.

Looks lovely mate. R26.r wheels are must IMO. I love how they look on my 225.

Yeah they are lovely wheels, not sure if gloss black or anthracite would work best against the yellow though?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Very nice! I imagine it will be lovely when you've finished with it like your other cars.

225 Cup & Williams
I'd go for anthracite. I'm considering having mine sprayed anthracite in the near future but I do like mine in black tbh.

Very nice! I imagine it will be lovely when you've finished with it like your other cars.

Cheers Ben ill be happy once i get my touch on it.

my mrs has a dci175 and i love driving it, pulls so well for a diesel.

I did look at them but im a petrol head so stuck to the r26, the gains rs tuning can get out of them are silly.

Looks good! This will end up being another epic car in not time I suspect

Thanks Dan, like I've said ill be happy once i get my touch on it & make it my own :)

Id go for Anthracite wheels

Yeah think it would be my first choice like Josh.

I'd go for anthracite. I'm considering having mine sprayed anthracite in the near future but I do like mine in black tbh.

Yeah i think they would suit anthracite better & you'd be able to see the wheel better rather than being dark, thats another reason why i started to dislike the wheels on the sunflower being black you couldn't see what wheel they were unless you were really close. :(

Gutted I'm working on saturday so I won't see your face :(

I no mate what you playing at sort it out & pie work off for me haha x

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice LY you've got there :)

I'd add a Forge actuator to the list as it'll help hold the stage 1 boost.

The r spoiler really transforms the rear.

IMG_4625_zpsb0ebbb7e.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car! Love LY but like you id have the decals removed!

Why are you going to chop the middle box rather than the back box though?

R26/200 Raider
Hope you enjoy the beast! Just wondering if the decals may leave marks when removed? If you want to look at Yellow vs Black wheels and mirror caps, then you're quite welcome to have a look at mine. Might help make your mind up!

Really nice! Plans sound good too, subscribed.

Thanks Ash

Very nice, and will only get better with the bits you're going to do/add

Thanks mate, I'll be in touch for some front pads want something good for track.

Nice LY you've got there

I'd add a Forge actuator to the list as it'll help hold the stage 1 boost.

The r spoiler really transforms the rear.

Cheers Tim, love yours mate read half of your thread last night need to read the rest, it's yours that's made me want the spoiler in LY & not a carbon one & save abit of money lol.

Wheres the best place for the actuator? I'll add one to the list.

Nice car! Love LY but like you id have the decals removed!

Why are you going to chop the middle box rather than the back box though?

Thanks pal, it will be my first job not a fan of them at all.

Every one I've heard with the back box removed have an annoying whistle that would do my head in & a mate removed the middle box on his 225 a couple of years ago & sounded better IMO & I've watched a few YouTube videos today that's made my mind up lol.

@Craig. Can I drop mine off for some loving

Haha fetch it round mate, think I'm going to need a bigger drive though lol

list = r26r headlights r26r rear spoiler and remove back box stage 1 map forge actuator and cooksporks jobs a good un!

Now I've finally bought one Adam I'll be ordering that spoiler I messaged about Regarding the headlights off the R26r are they any different to the dark inset ones off the R26? Are they none xenon just dark grey insert?

Hope you enjoy the beast! Just wondering if the decals may leave marks when removed? If you want to look at Yellow vs Black wheels and mirror caps, then you're quite welcome to have a look at mine. Might help make your mind up!

Cheers Simon I hope I do, anyway I no I will lol. I'm hoping they won't leave any marks if they do I might be forced to fit some more back on :(

Cheers mate I think I'll take you up on that offer & have a look at yours :)

R26.r headlights you say.....

The dark insert ones do look loads better, as I've just asked Adam, what's different with the R26r lights to the dark insert R26 ones, are they non xenon?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Tim, love yours mate read half of your thread last night need to read the rest, it's yours that's made me want the spoiler in LY & not a carbon one & save abit of money lol.

Wheres the best place for the actuator? I'll add one to the list.

Every one I've heard with the back box removed have an annoying whistle that would do my head in & a mate removed the middle box on his 225 a couple of years ago & sounded better IMO & I've watched a few YouTube videos today that's made my mind up lol.

Thanks, I was lucky with my spoiler as I only paid £160 already painted.

Best to get everything direct from Forge.

Copy me and get the 3" Ktec system then you'll have some decent looking exhaust tips as well.

Add earplugs to the list!

My ears are shot now anyway off the sunflower lol.

No worries, I stock a few options for the Brembo 4pots

Spot on i shall be in touch :)

Thanks, I was lucky with my spoiler as I only paid £160 already painted.

Best to get everything direct from Forge.

Copy me and get the 3" Ktec system then you'll have some decent looking exhaust tips as well.

£160 painted that is a good price, ill get paul who painted the sunflower to paint the spoiler for me & hopefully he wont charge me much...i hope lol.

Ill have a look on forges website i was also looking at the forge hard pipe kit too.

Yeah i like the look & sound of the 3" ktec system a friend had it on his LY r26, the middle box removed for now will do me but i think that would be my choice of systems.

Only 3 more sleeps, I'm really excited to pick it up haven't been like this about a car for a long time .

R26/200 Raider
I like the R26R spoiler but you have to take the standard one off to fit it. This leaves a hole which will be visible when the new one is fitted. I'm very fussy and it would annoy me like crazy. However it does really finish the back of the car off.

225 Cup & Williams
The hole is hardly visible at all unless your really looking for it. I fitted a rubber bung to the whole on my 225 and it's hardly noticeable.