ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs Quick detailer

A newly fixed 172
Just a quick question.

Gave my car a good clean at the weekend, washed, clayed, polished and waxed. It is now slightly dirty again (water marks and such, nothing heavy)

Am i right in thinking that i can go over it with a quick detailer instead of washing to get it clean again, or am i totally wrong??

Also, can you use a clay bar on windows, or is it not advisable?

Cheers.

Nimbus Megane R26
uhm wouldnt using a quick detailer with a cloth/microfibre just move grit/dust around the paint and cause swirls and scratches? Nextdoor neighbour does exactly the same and his cars are both ruined with swirls. Get it washed instead with lots of water and a good washmitt and drying towel mate! :)

A newly fixed 172
Spot on. I have heard that you could, but will just stick to washing as usual me thinks then!!
Cheers

Nimbus Megane R26
Good man :)

Without water, you'll just be moving stuff around the paintwork and make a right mess of it..

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I do it on the pug & the paintwork is still swirl free. I like to use onr too :)