ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguiars loveliness

Spent just shy of £100 on Meguiars stuff last week, really for the new 172 when I find one but I thought I would test it out on my Dynamique. Only ever used bog standard Halfords things before and over two years it had picked up swirls, very small scratches and various other imperfections. Anyways, here we go...

http://www.westburywiltshire.co.uk/clio.htmhttp://www.westburywiltshire.co.uk/clio.htm

Those were taken mid-clean as I had to shoot off to football, very very pleased with the results so far though. Still need to finish the exterior and do all the interior. Most of the blemishes have virtually gone, well impressed with the results. Car is going back to Renault soon so they will get a nice clean car!

Only problem was the drivers side front alloy, seems to have some really baked on brake dust (odd as I clean it weekly and it was fine then), used Hot Wheels but that was the one thing I was disappointed with, didnt appear to do a great deal.

Sorted the Clio bit after reviewing the pictures, didnt realise till then!

Got scared waxing it (NXT) this evening, unless Im doing something wrong you really need to put some work in it to get the finish up when wiping it down. The polish I was using came straight off quite easily so I was expecting the same.

Tyre cleaner and a few other things should arrive soon, my order my split because some things were out of stock.

Ah glad its not just me then. Left it until it "hazed" as it said, then the haze wouldnt go away!

Am I right in thinking its fine to apply wax quite frequently? Im under the impression that unlike polish it actually builds up a layer of protection on your car, so its actually benefical to do it quite a bit?

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 01 May 2005

wot about behind the spokes on the wheels
It was exactly these sorts of things I was hoping the Meguiars Hot Wheels would sort out. Did exactly what it said, washed down the wheel, applied the product and let it soak for no more than 15 seconds, then rinsed with a strong stream of water. Did absolutely sod all the first time so I tried it again, I ended up doing plenty of manual scrubbing to sort it.

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 01 May 2005

Can we have a list of the products you used and price of each :D

Sorry to be picky :oops:
No probs...

NXT Car Wash (£12.99)
NXT Tech Wax (£14.99)
Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner (£6.99)
The Ultimate Wash Mitt (£9.99)
Super Plush Terry Towel x2 (£9.99)
Water Magnet Drying Towel (£11.99)
Foam Applicator Twin Pack (£2.99)
Supreme Shine Microfibre (£6.99)
Got several other products (tyre dressing, vinyl and rubber protectant etc) but not used everything yet.

Basically I hosed the car down, used the two bucket method with the Car Wash and Wash Mitt. Then dried it with the Drying Towel. I then did the whole car with Autoglym Super Resin Polish (which I had anyway, use it once every 6 months) with foam applicator, wiped it down with the Shine Microfibre, then applied the NXT Wax (foam app included with that one) then wiped it down again. Was intending to apply another coat of wax tomorrow to finish it off but we just had a bloody thunderstorm!

Total time was 3hrs. Not a full clean by some ClioSport members standards (!) but good enough for me.

I cleaned my wheels today. But its difficult to get behind the pokes etc.

So im going to buy a trolley jack tomorrow (£16) and im going to remove the wheels to give them a good clean.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 01 May 2005

you cant order online though can you? dont you have to send a cheque?
pay him using internet banking, i do

Octavia VRS

looks like it came up very nice, may have to change form my autoglym stuff.

I have never polished, just use wax after washing, going to start waxing after every wash now as makes hell of a difference.

Polish ing takes off a thin layer of paint doesnt it? Some people dont seem to know the difference between a wax and a polish

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 01 May 2005
can someone please explain "shizzle!!"

The shizzle = the sh*t

As in - its the shizzle, the babizzle, fo sizzle dizzle ma nizzle

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 01 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 01 May 2005£100 on cleaning products?! wtf.[/QUOTE]yeh he is a beginner, dont worry when he gets properly into it he will be spending alot more :p

Ive spent £350 on cleaning stuff this month thanks to 182_blue :D hasnt arrived yet though.

Guys

You must leave NXT on to cure for at least 20 minutes if not half an hour before removal, if not then dont bother applying it as it wont set up correctly. To ensure easier removal always apply an ultra thin coating of NXT, no need to ladle it on.

NXT has always been easy (too easy) to remove in my experience.