ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguirs Soft Foam Applicators and advice please

Audi TT
Can I use these for applying my SRP + EGP that I'm planning to do tomorrow? They don't mention polish or paintwork on the packaging :S

Planning to use AG tar remover on the tar spots dotted round the car. Spray and agitate wheels with Wonder Wheels stuff before rinsing then wash bodywork glass and finally wheels with AG car shampoo with 2 bucket method using Halfords sheepskin mitt.

Dry with chamois leather. Are drying towels better? If so what's a good cheap one to try?

SRP all over, planning on applying with megs soft foam applicator pad and buff off with AG perfect polish cloths.

Then planning EGP thin layer with other megs soft foam pad, leave to dry whilst cleaning glass and headlights with AG glass polish, then buff off with AG perfect polish cloth. Tires dresse with AG Instant Tire Dressing.

Am I missing anything?

G

106 GTi
They are ideal for applying both the SRP and EGP.

Drying towels are a better option than a traditional chamois but the AG Synthetic ones are not a bad alternative personally I like Miracle Dryer - Ultra Plush 25" x 36"

As for the SRP I would not apply it to the whole car but use a small amount and work it on a panel at a time until there is little or nothing to remove and then move onto the next panel.

my preference with EGP is to use a microfibre app.

find it gives a nice even layer over the whole car.

BMW E46 330i Touring
On the subject of Megs foam applicators... mine perish and basically fall apart after only one or two uses. I always rinse them out with a bit of warm soapy water and then leave to dry after use, but they just seem to crumble.

Is this the norm?

Tangoed Works
^^ you sure they genuine megs pads, mine have lasted for ages with only a couple of washes every few months.

106 GTi
I have got Megs ones and non genuine cheaper alternatives that must be 5 years old and all are still fine. ( I still have the orgional one that came with my first bottle of gold class wax!)

Washed well after every use with fairy liquid and then hung on the line to air dry none have died on me yet.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hmm, bought from 'frauds so I assume they're genuine. I'll stick with them and try some new ones...

M2 Competition
Bought a megs water magnet today.

Thought there was no way it would be as good as a chamois, car has dryed spotlessly! Well worth the money.

As for the SRP I would not apply it to the whole car but use a small amount and work it on a panel at a time until there is little or nothing to remove and then move onto the next panel.[/QUOTE]

Just a quick question regarding this process, would you apply the product using circular motion or back and forth...??

Rob.

106 GTi
I use a mixture of the two, circular motions when first starting to work it and finishing in front and back toward the end.