ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Menzerna Power Finish

One Phat Clio
After washed and dryed - Should i apply this to the whole car or only where swirls and light scratches are?

HELP

1.5dci 80bhp
First of all you should use some clay on your paintwork otherwise any bits of tar will just cause more scratches when moving your pad about whether this is by hand or machine, plus you may as well do every panel on your car otherwise only do it where some light swirls or scratches are will only highlight other marks on the panels that you don't do.

One Phat Clio
First of all you should use some clay on your paintwork otherwise any bits of tar will just cause more scratches when moving your pad about whether this is by hand or machine, plus you may as well do every panel on your car otherwise only do it where some light swirls or scratches are will only highlight other marks on the panels that you don't do.

True mate True, how much can i pick up a clay bar for?

The process is wash, dry, clay (if necessary), wash, dry, polish, wax/seal.

I would always polish the whole car, unless you are trying to get rid of a specific new mark/scratch.

Are you hand polishing or machine polishing?

And with regards to clay, I suggest you look in Halfords at the Megs Quick Clay Kit. This gives you a decent clay bar, some detailing fluid for lubrication and a MF towel to buff with. Have you clayed before and do you understand how/why it works?

One Phat Clio
The process is wash, dry, clay (if necessary), wash, dry, polish, wax/seal.

I would always polish the whole car, unless you are trying to get rid of a specific new mark/scratch.

Are you hand polishing or machine polishing?

And with regards to clay, I suggest you look in Halfords at the Megs Quick Clay Kit. This gives you a decent clay bar, some detailing fluid for lubrication and a MF towel to buff with. Have you clayed before and do you understand how/why it works?

ive seen videos about claying thats about it lol

ill be hand polishing, ill do all the car then takes sum elbow grease!!

It's not hard Dean, I promise. Ensure the area/panel is well lubed up and if you feel the clay starting to stick, another spritz is required. Yes you can go both ways, i.e. over lube and under lube the area. But you have to be pretty stupid to do the latter!

Always move the clay in the same direct as well. Think of it like a razor with 1000000000 blades. It cuts anything that sticks out above the flat paint work, so tar, sap and other contaminants.

SRP has barely any cutting qualities. Scratch X is good, but not worth using it all over the place.

One Phat Clio
Thank you JD for the advice!! Good call CheekyMartin, Ive been applying the compound (Menzerna Power Finsih) by hand. Yes its hard work and yes i have noticed small light scratches/lines have dissappeared/or have been disguised.

Give your fingers/hand blisters but doesnt half make a good job

One Phat Clio
Yeah, ill do sum every so often, like i did some the other day, cars going intomz morning for full engine belt change, so tmz afternoon clean dry and begin again lightly applying removing gradually, will do me!

One Phat Clio
Plus, today after sum violent rian i saw that the car is now so much better in regards to the "shineyness" looks a whole lot different, havnt seen really in broad day light