ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Messenger log on problems

Ph2 172
I've got a problem getting onto MSN messenger - i've had the problem before, but what i think i did to fix it hasn't worked this time.

I've just done a fresh install of XP, and now can't log into either MSN messenger, or Windows messenger.

I had this problem before when i downloaded an update for MSN. I went back to the origional version and all seemed well.

I have now tried what i think was that origional version, and the latest version and can't get onto either. Can't get on with the Wondows version either?????

Wonder if it might be something to do with my firewall?? I'm running Zone Alarm, as i have been for years. As far as i can tell, it looks like it is configured correctly, and i haven't knowingly had to alter anything before.

Any ideas??

Ph2 172
Yeah i can use that just fine!!!! It's a PITA though!!!

Can't get my head around it, if i shut the firwall down it still doesn't work.........

Have u checked the windows firewall on your connection? Shouldn't affect it but could do. Also how do u connect to the internet, if its a broadband router it could have a built in firewall. The newer versions of messenger have a connection checker in options, give that a try it might find out what the problem is (if your lucky).

Ph2 172
That was one of the real odd things. I found the connection checker, and ticks appeared next to everything!! So you'd think it should all work!!! Still no luck though. Connection is via USB Broadband modem, so there shouldn't be anything else in the way.

Have only got it patched to SP1, so don't think the firewall should be a problem.

It's really looking like another fresh install. Messenger isn't essential, but having it not working is just going to wind me up i know it!!!

Just coming up to crunch time with Uni major project - due in 2 weeks, so really can't be without my PC for long.