ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal 2 Racing Gear Shifter

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap.......

I'll change my pants now.......

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Looks interesting. CAE are all cable shifters I believe, is the mk1 Clio a bar shifter like the MK2s?

I'm trying to weigh up the benefits of this over a PMS shifter.....

It looks more solid than the PMS, i've seen vids where the lever wobbles too much and i like the fact that the Metal2Racing one appears much sturdier BUT its £460 for the Metal2Racing shifter and £330 for the PMS shifter !

It is rod shifter. How is it not comparable ?
8486d959218c3054d3e73f1bf33e9eed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dan's cast offs.
my bad, thought it was one of the cable ones. as it's for the jc5 etc then i'd say overengineered, handy to fine tune the stops but in the real world not really needed.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Still has the lower bush compared to spherical bearings on the pms setup. Fancy shifter but not the full package

arChi69

ClioSport Club Member
Certainly looks fancy, something that would be more suited in a car with sequential gearbox.

Did anyone buy one of these? I’ve only just discovered them and a little bit of sex wee came out ?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Did anyone buy one of these? I’ve only just discovered them and a little bit of sex wee came out ?
Likewise, I’d love a CAE shifter. Was disappointed when I found out they didn’t make one for the 1*2. This would be very nice indeed, looks the part but possibly way too over engineered? Not that that would stop me, the choice of colours they show might though...

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Do these come from outside the UK?
Was it easy to order and how long did it take?

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
If the feedback turns out to be good maybe someone could see if a group buy could be possible,I have a CAE Shifter on my track Impreza and it’s night and day compared with the standard Sti set up.SJ.