ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had exactly the same on the radio building, managed to stealth my way through the outside no problems but my first venture into a building was chaos. I just managed to fight my way out.

I've never done online for any games but I might just try this out. I can't wait to get everyone in bed tonight so I can sit down and play my way through the next mission. Can't remember the last time I had that feeling about a game.

Yeah I'm watching a few vids at work and reading comments on the official forums (which I rarely ever do with a game). There's so much to do, folk are talking about finding a puppy and it growing and you training it etc. Just so deep (the game, not the puppy). Then there's this Mother Base sh*t where you can train soldiers and have them craft you devices like C4 and all that splarf. You unlock gun customisation on Level 22 or something I think, which is apparently an insane amount of things you can do to your weapons.

Yet here's me, still on Level 1 at the moment :D But I'm planning it carefully this time :tired:

Cayman S Edition 1
Well that looks simply awesome. Popping in to Game tomorrow me thinks:smile:

Clio
Yeah I'm watching a few vids at work and reading comments on the official forums (which I rarely ever do with a game). There's so much to do, folk are talking about finding a puppy and it growing and you training it etc. Just so deep (the game, not the puppy). Then there's this Mother Base sh*t where you can train soldiers and have them craft you devices like C4 and all that splarf. You unlock gun customisation on Level 22 or something I think, which is apparently an insane amount of things you can do to your weapons.

Yet here's me, still on Level 1 at the moment :smiley: But I'm planning it carefully this time :tired:
Oh yes, I didn't mention the mother base. Most of it is blocked off awaiting further progress in the game I expect.
You've got to kidnap Soviet Soldiers and send them up on the balloon to be converted.
I've only managed to develop a cardboard box so far.
Haven't scratched the surface yet.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh yes, I didn't mention the mother base. Most of it is blocked off awaiting further progress in the game I expect.
You've got to kidnap Soviet Soldiers and send them up on the balloon to be converted.
I've only managed to develop a cardboard box so far.
Haven't scratched the surface yet.

Cardboard box is ultimate stealth.

Clio
I've been reading a few forums and some people have been playing 10 hours and are on mission 12+ I've been playing for 7 and am on mission 3 lol.
I don't even think my thumbs would move fast enough to get that far in the game that quick.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've been reading a few forums and some people have been playing 10 hours and are on mission 12+ I've been playing for 7 and am on mission 3 lol.
I don't even think my thumbs would move fast enough to get that far in the game that quick.

Loads of folk are doing speed runs to get S ratings on mission scores. But if you're prepared to repeat missions you can easily take your time first playthrough.

Only played a few hours so far, loving it so far, as a huge, huge MGS fan i'am still on the fence about the free roaming aspect though.

It's a game series you really need to have played to understand the sheer story behind the series and to 'get' it. To fully appreciate it and believe me, it'll take hours off reading and Wiki to understand it all.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've done the prologue so far which was quite reminiscent of the older games, I've just got out into the open and am hoping this is where things change.

RS Clio 182
Game of the year right here....done about 5 hours and loving it. The way you can plan ahead freely for a mission is immense. The whole mother base and development thing is so deep. The game seems to have gone under the radar here and a few other places.... I never even thought about it until i played on Ground Zeroes.

Ph 1 172
20 hours in and on chapter 9 ...epic game... I've just been going around getting fuel and diamonds to build my base up... It's huge now level 3 on most things ....over 300 members of staff lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks a great game, but my concentration span wasn't what it used to be lol. So unsure wether I will get it

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's fantastic. Only on Mission 3 but absolutely loving it. Just "Fultoned" the wild dog puppy at the start of the 3rd mission. Found him by pure luck after I heard him yapping :)

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I just thought id completed the main story....Built to a massive crescendo, did it....then said 'Coming in part 2' lots of action in a cut scene....and then....its part 2!!
Unbelievable. This game is huuuuuuuuuuuge!

Evo 8 MR
I'm 23 hours in, about story mission 12. Built my base up to nearly 300 staff. Got quiet on board, loving every minute of it and I admit I was skeptical on the whole open world thing beforehand.
I agree with everyone on the prologue, it was a bit confusing. It's crazy how fast time goes when playing this, 4 hours feels like 30 minutes. I usually opt for stealth and the non-lethal approach but if I get spotted I just roll with it, move behind cover and then charge out and CQC their asses, unless it gets too crazy I restart from checkpoint haha.

RS Clio 182
I'm on mission 4, loving it also. I want a sniper rifle though!

You can get one by doing the 'extract the highly skilled soldier' side op. (Number 11)

This game reminds me slightly of a combination of Desert strike and also Red Dead Redemption...anyone else?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've developed a sniper rifle at episode 3. Worked a treat sniping the commander in that mission too. Replayed it to Fulton extract him too. Got an S rating and completed all objectives on the first four episodes now. Not too far into the game at all but loving it. On my 3rd run on Episode 3 I found the puppy too. Tranquillised and Fultoned that wee guy. Awesome cutscene when you return to Mother Base for the first time and see how cute he is :)

M2 Comp
Well I picked this up on Thursday and I've put in around 12 hours so far (need to get a life lol!)

Really impressed so far. I like that you have to think about what you're doing as opposed to going from point A to B shooting everything in sight.

M2 Comp
f**k doing the same missions immediately after you've just done it?! Do you realise how long this game is lol!

Isn't there something like 50 episodes?!

I'm averaging about an hour per episode at the minute and presumably these are the 'easy' ones....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
f**k doing the same missions immediately after you've just done it?! Do you realise how long this game is lol!

You get better rewards for completion stats plus repeating early missions means it's a lot easier to Fulton guys and animals to Mother Base. Which all helps in the long run :)

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
You soon learn that you only want to Fulton the best guys you can find. Once you get the analyser. And I do it all as I go along.

RS Clio 182
Yeah im not fultoning anymore 'E' grade soldiers hehe....the sniper rifle came in really helpful on mission 5 once i got spotted! The amount of weapons is immense if you look through all the development screens.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You soon learn that you only want to Fulton the best guys you can find. Once you get the analyser. And I do it all as I go along.

Good stuff, cheers. I've just developed the upgraded binoculars which gives me info on the guys I'm spotting. Is that the same thing?

Clio
Loving it. Not been to bed before 1am since I've got it. Still not done the ironing.

Just done mission 6 and got the HoneyBee back. Starting to get the hang of this stealth thing as well, plenty of planning and then patience. Still normally ends up in a massive fire fight at some point though.

One problem I've got is that I don't like spending any money, I've had it with all games I've ever played. FIFA I never buy any players just in case I want to buy someone else, so I just hoard money. Forza I never bought a car as I was always saving up for the next expensive one and then once I'd saved up enough for the most expensive one I never bought it just in case it was crap and I wished I'd bought something else. AC Unity I was always saving up for the next thing as well.

On this though, I think I've got to spend to develop but I just can't bring myself to do it. I know it will make things better for me and more entertaining but I just can't press OK. So far all I've done is developed my binoculars once. I don't even like doing ammo drops because it costs money. I need help.