ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain

Evo 8 MR
45 hours in aswell, just started chapter 2. What an end to the first chapter! I thought it was the end of the game haha. Kind of afraid of the next chapter though after seeing the quick trailer of cutscenes still to come.

Honda. Tesla Someday
In to mission 7, done about 14 side ops and I'm almost 40 hours in lol! Such a great game, just had a rumble with a big brown bear!!!

RS Clio 182
This is a vid of me trying to blow up a few tanks on a mission - for some reason a grenade launcher or even C4 didnt work! Looks like i will have to develop the missile...you can spend a couple of hours on this game like this and not get anywhere - but somehow it doesnt matter as its so enjoyable!

Clio
I did one of the extract the highly skilled soldier the other day but when I did my noculars on him his highest skill was only a C (which is pretty s**t). When it came to the heat of the battle I accidentally stabbed him to death. Is that him just disappeared for ever or can you redo the mission?

Clio
When I try to restart it says that I've already done the mission....... maybe I didn't kill him then. It was some fucked up s**t at the time.

RS Clio 182
Where are you guys ranking this game all time? Ive got to say it would be near my top 5 ever...i think id have to even rate it higher than GTA V,cant say ive played a better 3rd person game.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
This is a vid of me trying to blow up a few tanks on a mission - for some reason a grenade launcher or even C4 didnt work! Looks like i will have to develop the missile...you can spend a couple of hours on this game like this and not get anywhere - but somehow it doesnt matter as its so enjoyable!

I just used C4 on the floor, waited till the tanks drove over it and then detonated. 2 lots of C4 per tank and just shot the driver/passenger of the truck with my gun.

Golf R/Leon FR
How did people do on mission 9 taking out the armoured vehicles? I thought it was difficult trying to intercept them without getting spotted. Especially as you only have 15 minutes to do it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I just did it using a rocket launcher, took 6 of the 7 out on horseback, call in an ammo drop part way through to save running out of missiles.

Evo 8 MR
I struggled a bit with the missions 30-40 but eventually got some of the dapper upgrades and managed to smash upto episode 45 now pretty easily. Started using the sneaking suit too, would prefer the uniforms with the scarf but the abilities the suit gives is worth using it.

How did people do on mission 9 taking out the armoured vehicles? I thought it was difficult trying to intercept them without getting spotted. Especially as you only have 15 minutes to do it.

I put a c4 on the road detonated it from behind a rock when they were over it and then hit them with a rocket when they stopped. Got most of them that way

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The prsoner ended up right next to one of the units to destroy that was shooting at me, so the whole lot got blown up ;)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Just ordered this from Amazon. I haven't bought a PS4 game for a year. Bored of GTA online.

MGS looks amazing from what I've seen and read about it.

Evo 8 MR
Put some anti vehicle mines on the road, outside the prison near where you drop in at the northern most point, brings them to a halt so you can run over and fulton them. If you get them all you get a bonus offer to take out three tanks.

Clio
Does anyone find some of the target side ops on the mother base tough? I can only seem to find just over half of them on some platforms.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yes, I can't remember which is which, but one of them is a nightmare, the rest are easy in comparison.

Yes most of them you follow the targets like a trail. R&D is the one with all the pipes you can climb up in the middle of the platform.

Clio
It is the R&D one. I skipped over to the Intel platform and did it first time with about 3 days to go.

Found quiet last night. Spent half hour trying to sneak up on the b**ch and get her in a head lock. Then I realised I could just shoot her ass with my sniper. Also, would. She is up there with Jessica Rabbit.

Fiesta ST-2
I started the mission with a rocket launcher and had to call a supply drop with my sniper riffle. She shot the supply drop and it disappeared... b**ch

Fiesta ST-2
You can actually beat her by supply dropping her location. I wanted to do it properly though.

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Got this today.
What the f**k was the intro all about? Wasn't massively impressed to start but I'm hoping it gets better on e I start the first mission.

Clio
I guess the intro is just so you use all the controls whilst giving you the back story at the same time. it just doesn't work for me, to much stop go and very slow.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I guess the intro is just so you use all the controls whilst giving you the back story at the same time. it just doesn't work for me, to much stop go and very slow.
I still didn't get the flaming man and the weird flying thing. Hopefully it'll become clear later in the game.

I'll crack on later with it tho, does look good from what I've seen