ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain

Cayman S Edition 1
On mission 50 now. Getting quite frustrated as to why some of the missions are repeated (but harder).

Feels like the amazing story line has just drifted off and it doesn't make any sense.

Fiesta ST-2
Not the level number, but read what I said about the levels themselves. Maybe some people don't want to know that????

I wasn't having a poke at you, it was more at the volgin comment mate, which spoiled it a bit for me. Your comment about the levels is subjective really isn't it? You're not really revealing anything.

Edit - After reading the missions names I see you were being literal!

Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
It is the R&D one. I skipped over to the Intel platform and did it first time with about 3 days to go.

Found quiet last night. Spent half hour trying to sneak up on the b**ch and get her in a head lock. Then I realised I could just shoot her ass with my sniper. Also, would. She is up there with Jessica Rabbit.

I found out that if you snipe quiet, you kill her. That means that you miss out on some cut scenes, missions and having her as your buddy like d horse.

Ph 1 172
Very good game although I do wish you could get the helicopter to pick you up and take you to another location on the map without going all the way into the mobile command unit area....

Upto mission 41 now.... Going to go back through and a class them all...

Disappointed in the story really on this game though.... Compared to all the other mgs games this has no battles that I really remember, not like the last games. Also without giving anything away the metal gear in this game is a piece of Piss to defeat

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm a fair few hours in now but only on mission 7.

Spent ages messing about doing side ops and capturing command posts etc.

Unlocked the farkel 46 the other day. That's a really fun weapon. I try group all the guards together, then wipe them all out with a single shot lol.

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm over 100 hours into this game and only up to mission 16 ha. Done around 30 side ops and general messing around.

Cayman S Edition 1
Realised I've played the game too much when i was out at the weekend and drove past some metal containers, the first thought I had was to attach a balloon to them.

Think I'm around 75+ hours in. Level 50 is too stressful, so I'm finishing off the side missions for the mo.

Ph 1 172
Without giving anything away but the end of the story is by far the worst end to a game series/any series full stop. Massive let down for a good game.

Ph 1 172
Mission 46 is where you get the real ending..... 50 is just a replay of previous mission on extreme difficulty....

I dont understand what happened in this game, after mission 30ish you just end up doing several replays with a harder setting of earlier levels ...for instance you play the hospital level all over again..... Feels like a chore and a con after a little while and then all of a sudden a story mission appears ....very strange it's as if hideo kojima wasn't ready to release it and he go forced too..

There is also a mission 51 on the disc that is unplayable and not yet finished apparently.

Fiesta ST-2
Anyone played online yet? Party system is massively flawed, searching doesn't account for the number of people in your party. 1 free space in a game? Bye bye friends... other than that it's quite fun at the minute.

Cayman S Edition 1
Forward operating base raids were initially quite easy, but have become almost impossible now (I must be cr*p).

Cayman S Edition 1
What level do you start doing them? I'm on mission 14 I think.
hmm I think its mid 20's but could be wrong.

Another useful tip which I didn't realise until towards the end was the guys you see driving around in Trucks randomly are often highly skilled. So nab them! ;)

Fiesta ST-2
hmm I think its mid 20's but could be wrong.

Another useful tip which I didn't realise until towards the end was the guys you see driving around in Trucks randomly are often highly skilled. So nab them! ;)

I shall herd some sheep into the road then! I got an all A+ guy at some random outpost the other day, eyes lit up when I scanned him lol.

Fiesta ST-2
Yeah I normally just shoot the car from a distance so they'll get out. Or sometimes I'll hide on the side of the horse whilst blocking the road and take them out with reflex mode.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Best way I've found is to sit in the middle of the road in a card board box.

The guards will get out of the truck to have a look, then just pop up at the right time and head shots followed by fulton

Fiesta ST-2
Every now and then I check ebay to see how much my original metal gear on the NES is worth. About £40 now I think, probably just keep it.

DCi
I haven't really used it this time around to be fair... maybe I should

I just did mission 18...

I thought he was going to shoot those kids ha ha

Ph 1 172
Easiest way to take over a truck, tank or anything is to get the mine that disables them with electricity. It stops all vehicles and if anyone get out a of the truck it stuns them as well...

I won't give anything away but mission 46 is f**king epic... And only comes available once a certain side op mission is complete.

Does anyone know how you get posters on the cardboard boxes??

Fiesta ST-2
Well you have to collect the posters first obviously from various camps, select the box and press square to cycle through the posters you have.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm 18 hours in and on mission 8.
I keep pissing about with side ops and just f**king with bases.

What do you do with trouble makers? I've been dismissing them up to now but I'm not sure whether to keep them as long as a diplomat is assigned to their group.

Some missions I've cocked up on the last bit which has pissed me off. Stealth 90% of the way then one unseen guard spots me.

DCi
I just did 22 (I think)

They were going on about how much security there would be and there was -

first time I've seen CCTV - loads of those walkers and a chopper on patrol... I inadvertently stumbled upon the target and extracted the other guy without anyone noticing - felt rewarding to do it so silently but also a bit jammy[/img]

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm on episode 12 and on 70 odd hours.

I have spent loads of time messing about doing all the side ops, upgrading everything and raiding resources.

Properly awesome game. It gets better and better after every mission

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So I'm 20% into this and loving it. Only manage an hour or so each time.

just got past the bit with Quiet and the big metal monster thing. Had to have the volume quite low because of the baby the past few times so didn't hear the dialogue that well. Need some headphones.

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm up to mission 17 I think and I'm bored of it. Not actually played it for 3 weeks, I want to finish it like all the other MGS games but I am finding it to repetitive and prefer the old style format of MGS.