ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Grinding when low?

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
My car is on coilovers and i lowered it to a nice height, but when i would make a right turn there would be quite a loud noise, sort of metal grinding until i went straight again. It wasn't silly low and was only when i turned right.
I have taken them up now and it dose not make the sound, just would like it to be the height i want it.

Any ideas why it may do this?

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Forgot to say its only the passenger side, drivers was completely fine when that low :S
Could it be a tracking/camber issue?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I bet its just the tyres rubbing, mine did it for ages no problems caused by it, ive just had 195 40's fitted and doesnt make the noise anymore
hav u checked to see if thats what ur noise is?

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Did that make a grinding noise thought? seems like the tyre would be hitting that?
My problem is i think the inside of the alloy is scraping up against the lower part of the wishbone, well there was a mark on it when i took the wheel off like something has rubbed against it.
Everything is sound when im driving straight just any slight turn to the right :mad:

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I bet its just the tyres rubbing, mine did it for ages no problems caused by it, ive just had 195 40's fitted and doesnt make the noise anymore
hav u checked to see if thats what ur noise is?

I have tyre scrub now, but this noise is like..Say you see a real low car go over a big speed bump and the exhaust scrapes the floor and makes one hell of a noise, its like that

MG ZR+ 105
happens to me turning right with 4 ppl in the car. At the back I think but theres no marks on the wheels or anything hmm

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I got a strut brace on the front, and mine dose it when only i am in the car.
Sounds proper serious and is well embarrassing when it happens.
Just need to find out the cause :(

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I may be able to wednesday night, but im off to mallory for a track day thursday! We will have to drop the front so you can know what im on about though!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Mine isn't silly-low and I get a funny noise when taking a hard left!

Noise comes from the front right wheel, sounds a bit like a flat tyre, as if loosing grip

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm almost certain I was getting this noise before coilovers were fitted, so can't put it down to being too low?

I did have a split in the O/S outer CV boot though which has been sorted out now - still get the noise :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
Any other ideas folks? :)
Want to get this looked at soon with a fair idea of what to look out for

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Me too, I get a metal on metal squeal when on full left hand down lock - only when reversing though. Coilovers are not too low and did make the noise before I fitted them. Does it worse when car is warmed up. Noise from Drivers side.....somewhere.

As said above, quite embarrassing when in car parks and pulling into spaces.

Had the car up but no signs of contact that I can see........