ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal look dash kits

BMW 320d Sport

Well mine was a Dash Dynamics one and it looks cheap to be honest. Although that was a well dodgy carbon fibre effect. i told my wife it was a 3d effect according to the blurb, as she was peeling it off and laughing at it. She said it was more like a 3p effect. I had to agree.

Wongys one seems better, its like a brushed aluminium effect, I think its from the continent but the bits are designed for a left hooker so not all of it is used.

i got aluminuim look got it from prima £62.50 i think its 8 bits 1 bit dont use depending on model mine looks pretty good would send a photo but i have no camera i should be going to southend come and have a browse

Nope, that was a can of "aluminium" spray and some lacquer.

I went a bit mad on the interior just before a car show and sprayed all the bits you see plus the seat bases, levers, and door handles. It got me a trophy and a photo of the interior in a magazine tho

Word of warning: If youre thinking of doing the same, have patience with removing the air vents as they can be easily damaged.

Ned.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Paul i reckon you could do a good job of spraying the bits you want in silver with some laquer

you could try the Foliatec stuff

Thats exactly what Im thinking. Any tips or ideas on method of doing it? Ned, maybe you can recommend some spray. All I want is for the bit around the vents to be silver/brushed alu finish. Im having my new H/U fitted on Thursday and its silver (Kenny MV6521 - imported from UK)so I want that bit to match.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

The only tip i can give is to clean the plastic bits thoroughly and then apply some sort of plastic sealent available in autospare shops. The Aluminium paint I used is a generic alloy wheel spray and the laquer is a 2 coat effort. Leave everything to dry for at least 24h before attempting to refit!!

If youre going to do the dash yourself make sure you mask-off everything properly or youll be sorry. Dash kits look the bollox and are way easier to fit but tend to be pricey. The kit I used cost over £100 and didnt come with bits for the side vents like the Prima one.

I bought it here in Spain so I cant really help you with a UK source Nick. They have much more choice of colours too, not just the usual wood, carbon and aluminium finishes.
I can look into a kit for you from here if youre interested in that brand?

Ned.

BMW 320d Sport

Well I kind of knocked the idea on the head after my experience with stick on kits. Im thinking more along the lines of taking the whole dash out and covering every bit of grey plastic in blue alcantara!

I used to be a signwriter so sticking stuff on the car hasnt been too much hassle really... Ive done a few "tiger/zebra" kits on cars in my time too! hehe
Just dont try tinting your own windows!

Let me know where you get the alcantara from as I havent been able to find any over here. The homemade suede steering wheel cover I so carefully sowed up (4 hour job) has finally fallen to bits so Im looking for some alcantara to cover it again.
I think Ill go for blue as well as the grey Ive got at the moment is a bit drab with the rest of the interior.
I still managed to get a gear stick gator and handbrake cover as well out of those £3 suede trowsers I found in a charity shop!

BMW 320d Sport

You can buy it by the roll at all the shows over here. Ill have to find a source. I like the suede trousers thing!