ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Monkey Dials (valver)

1.8 Civic EX
  Beetle

i know im being a bit pedantic here but personally i wouldnt want their web address on the dials, and also id want the clock to match, apart from that i think they look spot on :)

1.8 Civic EX

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 27 August 2005

i know im being a bit pedantic here but personally i wouldnt want their web address on the dials, and also id want the clock to match, apart from that i think they look spot on :)
Dont worry mate, thats exactly what I thought at first but now Im used to them I dont realy notice....

carbon copy - if they dont, e-mail them about the bespoke products, they WILL make them if you can arrange 5 more buyers, and you get the discount too ;)

already done this on a previous car :)

1.8 Civic EX

Quote: Originally posted by jimmyt16v on 28 August 2005

nice dials matey! they hard to fit? and they hard on the wallet too? nice low milege btw!
Not too hard to fit, just a bit fiddly, you need a fair ammount of time and a lot of patience. Hardest bit is trying to get your hand behind the dials to disconnect the speedo cable, then there is the issue of trying to put the needles back on in the right place. I did this wrong at first was quite amusing as hitting the red-line in second and speedo was only reading 30mph!! :p

Think they came to £100, check the link I posted above for prices.....

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 27 August 2005

I was gonna ask that - have they any plans to make a matching clock?

It just puts me off it not matching up...

V nice, id like to get them for my RT but not sure i want to pay £85 for em.

Theres ur answer those askign the price.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Rhino16v on 27 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 27 August 2005

they look fantastic mate!

do they do a set for the Mk1 172?
They do clio mk2 clioss yeah, not sure if its for a 172 tho....

http://82.112.113.87/acatalog/Renault.htmlhttp://82.112.113.87/acatalog/Renault.html

Poo pic but this is them at night....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Rhino16v/mmdialsnight3.jpg

Just noticed how low your mileage is!

1.8 Civic EX

thanks AJR,

yeah it is rather low milage for N reg ph2. Ive had it nearly two years and only done about 9k miles!!!

1.8 Civic EX

if anyone is interested Im going to try and send my clock to them so they can use it as a template to make a metal surround for it to match the heater pannel......

looking very good matey, glad ya got them in the end, know wot ya mean bout bein fiddly, my temp needle got snapped n had to go to scrappys the nxt day to buy a whole panel lol, was only £20, i know bout the needles cops mine was doin 30mph when i was stationary lol

i love mine still, fink they look different to white dials, have to take them apart cos my rev n speedo needle dnt light up, somethin blockin the light to them

look good mate:D

Twingo 133

Yeah a matching clock surround would be great, what lets mine down at the moment. i have the full set for my 1.2 and they look nice.

1.8 Civic EX

Quote: Originally posted by feirce187 on 31 August 2005

looking very good matey, glad ya got them in the end, know wot ya mean bout bein fiddly, my temp needle got snapped n had to go to scrappys the nxt day to buy a whole panel lol, was only £20, i know bout the needles cops mine was doin 30mph when i was stationary lol

i love mine still, fink they look different to white dials, have to take them apart cos my rev n speedo needle dnt light up, somethin blockin the light to them

cheers mate, thanks for you help too. It may be all the glue behind the metal bit blocking the light coming through, I noticed this as I didnt clean all the glue of properly on one bit and it dont light up as well!!Going to borrow my mates gps thingy-ma-bob so I can make sure my speedo is right...

Thanks to everyone else for the positive comments. most suprised :p;)

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I would be interested in the clock surround as well.

Ive had mine on my 16v for about 2 years now and this is the one thing that lets it down.

James

Quote: Originally posted by Rhino16v on 31 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by feirce187 on 31 August 2005

cheers mate, thanks for you help too. It may be all the glue behind the metal bit blocking the light coming through, I noticed this as I didnt clean all the glue of properly on one bit and it dont light up as well!!Going to borrow my mates gps thingy-ma-bob so I can make sure my speedo is right...

Thanks to everyone else for the positive comments. most suprised :p;)
no problems matey:D

lol i had that, was so scared the speedo was out but gradually trusted it over time, havent been flashed anyways lol

cool will have a look nxt time i have the dash top off n get them cleaned up:)

1.8 Civic EX

Quote: Originally posted by Rhino16v on 31 August 2005

if anyone is interested Im going to try and send my clock to them so they can use it as a template to make a metal surround for it to match the heater pannel......
Ok just a quick update....I have now taken the clock out and will be in the post to them on Monday. they are going to make up the metal surround and the clear perspex behind to allow different colours when it lights up. I doubt they will get it back to me before I go on holiday so will be a couple of weeks at least b4 its in....watch this space......

1.8 Civic EX

another quick update for those interested. Just got an e-mail saying they have received my clock and drawing up a template now. They will ony be able to do the metal surround and not clear perspex to alow different light colours, just a case of taking out the orange perspex and putting in a coloured led. (if anyone knows the correct code for the led that would be helpfull). sending me the clock back tomorrow and the metal plate will be ready and on its way to me in a couple of weeks!

1.8 Civic EX

another quick update for those interested. Just got an e-mail saying they have received my clock and drawing up a template now. They will ony be able to do the metal surround and not clear perspex to alow different light colours, just a case of taking out the orange perspex and putting in a coloured led. (if anyone knows the correct code for the led that would be helpfull). sending me the clock back tomorrow and the metal plate will be ready and on its way to me in a couple of weeks